FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/13/2013 5:20 PM  #1

4 wheel power disc brake master cyl recomendation

anyone recomend a master cyl for 4  wheel disc brakes wilwoods on a 68 mustang with power brakes

12/13/2013 5:44 PM  #2

Re: 4 wheel power disc brake master cyl recomendation

My guess Mustang Steve has one that problably will work very well.

67 Coupe, 5.0 EEC IV Fuel injected. T5, 3:70 rear

12/13/2013 7:48 PM  #3

I may have what you need, but Wilwood needs to tell you whet bore size is required.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

12/17/2013 4:04 AM  #4

Had a reply back from wilwood tech staff

Thank you for the inquiry and use of Wilwood Disc Brakes. Are you running manual or power brakes? For power brakes, how much vacuum are you running to the booster at idle?

For manual brakes (no booster), a 6:1 pedal ratio is the minimum we recommend.  Please confirm your pedal ratio.

http://www.wilwood.com/TechTip/TechPedalTip.aspx

You have two options for master cylinders that may work for you. If you like good pedal modulation and the car is mostly street, the 7/8" bore Aluminum tandem master cylinder will be a good choice.  This will provide you with about 1000 psi of pressure at the calipers with 100 pounds of leg effort. The pedal will travel about 1/3 before it firms up.

http://www.wilwood.com/Search/PartNoSearch.aspx?itemno=9439

A 1 inch bore is also usable.  This will stiffen up the pedal, making about 800 psi under the same leg effort. This option is popular with drag race customers.

http://www.wilwood.com/Search/PartNoSearch.aspx?itemno=8555

12/17/2013 9:51 AM  #5

I really try to not use this forum as a sales tool, but if you want a good mc meeting those specs for $75 just email me.

12/17/2013 10:07 PM  #6

I might be out of line here Steve, but I cringe every time you say that. It's your web site, we all love it, your products and your knowledge. Sorry of I offended you.

Bob

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

12/17/2013 10:51 PM  #7

rpm wrote:

I might be out of line here Steve, but I cringe every time you say that. It's your web site, we all love it, your products and your knowledge. Sorry of I offended you.

Bob

Bob, no offense taken.  Here is the way I figure it... The users of this forum voluntarily donate their hard-earned dollars to support this forum and keep it pop-up-ad free.  I just don't think I need to try and make money from the forum and expect somebody else to pay for the advertising.  My purpose for having this forum is to HELP others who need it, not to push my products.  But, every once in a while, if someone is asking about a specific part, I will tell them what I have, but politely ask to be contacted off the forum.

That's just the way I look at it.  I tolerate others getting a plug for their stuff once in a while, but I draw the line at anyone who is in direct competition with my products.  I would welcome input from others on this subject if you guys want to express your opinions.

12/18/2013 3:43 AM  #8

MustangSteve wrote:

rpm wrote:

Bob

Bob, no offense taken.  Here is the way I figure it... The users of this forum voluntarily donate their hard-earned dollars to support this forum and keep it pop-up-ad free.  I just don't think I need to try and make money from the forum and expect somebody else to pay for the advertising.  My purpose for having this forum is to HELP others who need it, not to push my products.  But, every once in a while, if someone is asking about a specific part, I will tell them what I have, but politely ask to be contacted off the forum.

That's just the way I look at it.  I tolerate others getting a plug for their stuff once in a while, but I draw the line at anyone who is in direct competition with my products.  I would welcome input from others on this subject if you guys want to express your opinions.

steve i have used almost all of your product over the yrs,still have 2005/2010 brake conversion and a cobra kit here to put on 2 cars .I dont think anyone would be bothered with you advertising as your product are top notch built with great though and planning and as always we get quick replies via email if we need assistance.javed

12/18/2013 7:51 AM  #9

MustangSteve wrote:

rpm wrote:

Bob

This is MS's web site, he makes the rules, plain and simple!
Donations are solicited to keep this place add free, which I am sure everyone appreciates.
His offer to help in most instances is done for the benefit of the poster  by relying on Steves extensive research on what works and what does not.
Happy Holidays all!

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.