FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/20/2013 4:49 PM  #1

Drivers side rocker patch...................(Pics)

So this side was ah little worse then the passenger side was. The end that goes into the wheel well was gone. Luckily for some reason this side of the new rocker was ah much better fit and the end was even the right contour? Also the lower portion of the outer wheel house was gone too, so I started to make ah patch but quickly disovered I'll be replacing the whole quarter skin anyway. I'll show pics of that in another post.....

It's hard to type "funny"

12/20/2013 5:45 PM  #2

Re: Drivers side rocker patch...................(Pics)

Derek........Have you bought a WHOLE rear quarter and are just cutting out panels?
Reason I ask ...I'm gonna need to replace some of my quarter(s) also. The part around the wheel wells. The quarters you have...............are you happy with the quality?
Thanx
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

12/20/2013 6:24 PM  #3

I did full quarters on my first mustang and vowed to NEVER do full quarters again, they fit horrible!  I'll be doing full face skins on this one. AND you'll be happy about this. I've dicided to go ahead and do the DSE mini tubs while I'm at it 

Last edited by Derek (12/20/2013 6:25 PM)

12/20/2013 7:10 PM  #4

Derek wrote:

I've dicided to go ahead and do the DSE mini tubs while I'm at it 

Very nice work! I'm looking forward to seeing how the DSE mini tubs turn out.

12/20/2013 8:40 PM  #5

Thanks me too. Yeah the kit is pretty expensive $400.00+shipping ,but I know if I don't do it I'll always wish I did ,Soo I'll order it after Xmas along with new outer wheel houses and quarter skins..

12/20/2013 11:24 PM  #6

Are you doing their frame rail kit too? What suspension are you going to use for the rear?

12/21/2013 8:08 AM  #7

Nice work! I'm looking forward to watching your progress on these repairs.

Bash Host MSBB XVI.       BobC    1966 Mustang Coupe

12/21/2013 8:58 AM  #8

HenryJ wrote:

Are you doing their frame rail kit too? What suspension are you going to use for the rear?

Yeah the DSE mini tub "Kit", comes with the altered frame rail section you'll need to gain the full 2"so I'll be cutting out ah peice of my frame to fit that in. As for suspension I'm guna do RRS both front, and rear. I'll have to section and narrow one of the cross members to fit in between the mini tubs in the rear , but RRS factors that in with there design and even gives instruction on how to do it .So it should be no problem.

Last edited by Derek (12/21/2013 8:59 AM)

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.