FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/28/2026 10:41 PM  #1


What jets are yall running in your Holley Carb?

I need to see what mine are.


Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .
 

9/29/2026 6:54 AM  #2


Re: What jets are yall running in your Holley Carb?

Prior to switching to EFI, I had a Holley 600CFM, DP that originally had #66 primary and #76 secondary jets.  My car ran rich at idle and I stepped down to #62 primary over some time, and had made other adjustments to stop the richness at idle.  I’ll note that while I was able to reduce the richness, I never got it to where I wanted it to be.
Hope this helps. 
 


65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.
 

9/29/2026 9:26 AM  #3


Re: What jets are yall running in your Holley Carb?

Up here in the clouds I run 59/64 and 85PV. When on low altitude bashes I run 64/68 with the same 85PV. 


Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5
 

9/29/2026 3:19 PM  #4


Re: What jets are yall running in your Holley Carb?

BobE wrote:

Prior to switching to EFI, I had a Holley 600CFM, DP that originally had #66 primary and #76 secondary jets.  My car ran rich at idle and I stepped down to #62 primary over some time, and had made other adjustments to stop the richness at idle.  I’ll note that while I was able to reduce the richness, I never got it to where I wanted it to be.
Hope this helps. 
 

  What EFI did you switch too?   Are you still liking it?
 

 

9/30/2026 6:31 AM  #5


Re: What jets are yall running in your Holley Carb?

I currently have the Sniper 2, installed this past Spring, and I do have it controlling the ignition timing.  I’ll skip all the details, but I did have to work out several issues to getting everything working properly with my MSD 8584 distributor, and 6AL box.
First issue was that the two-pin connector from the MSD distributor to the Shiper 2 connections were reversed (and I didn’t notice it).  While this issue is known by Holley, there was no ‘caution’ in the instructions to check.  I found this out from talking to the Tech people at Holley.  I say this is known by Holley as they sell a replacement two-pin connector, as a pin removal tool (to simply change the pins around) doesn’t exist (I did try to find one).
Second issue was that I could not get the distributor rotor phasing correct per the instructions.  After several calls to the Tech line, that included me showing them a live video, I ended up living the adjustable phased rotor in a position that Holley’s tech people told me to leave it where I had placed it so the engine would run (contrary to the instructions).
In the end, I am happy with the Sniper 2 EFI.
If you want more details, send a PM with your email address.


65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.
 

9/30/2026 8:07 AM  #6


Re: What jets are yall running in your Holley Carb?

BobE wrote:

I currently have the Sniper 2, installed this past Spring, and I do have it controlling the ignition timing.  I’ll skip all the details, but I did have to work out several issues to getting everything working properly with my MSD 8584 distributor, and 6AL box.
First issue was that the two-pin connector from the MSD distributor to the Shiper 2 connections were reversed (and I didn’t notice it).  While this issue is known by Holley, there was no ‘caution’ in the instructions to check.  I found this out from talking to the Tech people at Holley.  I say this is known by Holley as they sell a replacement two-pin connector, as a pin removal tool (to simply change the pins around) doesn’t exist (I did try to find one).
Second issue was that I could not get the distributor rotor phasing correct per the instructions.  After several calls to the Tech line, that included me showing them a live video, I ended up living the adjustable phased rotor in a position that Holley’s tech people told me to leave it where I had placed it so the engine would run (contrary to the instructions).
In the end, I am happy with the Sniper 2 EFI.
If you want more details, send a PM with your email address.

My friend said he has put a few Holley Sniper kits of various cars and brands and had issues that had to be worked out but he has had good luck with Holley Fietech.has anyone had either of those? I am about to start another thread comeparing the 2 and any other systems.


Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .
     •Thread Starter
 

Yesterday 3:31 PM  #7


Re: What jets are yall running in your Holley Carb?

BobE wrote:

I currently have the Sniper 2, installed this past Spring, and I do have it controlling the ignition timing.  I’ll skip all the details, but I did have to work out several issues to getting everything working properly with my MSD 8584 distributor, and 6AL box.
First issue was that the two-pin connector from the MSD distributor to the Shiper 2 connections were reversed (and I didn’t notice it).  While this issue is known by Holley, there was no ‘caution’ in the instructions to check.  I found this out from talking to the Tech people at Holley.  I say this is known by Holley as they sell a replacement two-pin connector, as a pin removal tool (to simply change the pins around) doesn’t exist (I did try to find one).
Second issue was that I could not get the distributor rotor phasing correct per the instructions.  After several calls to the Tech line, that included me showing them a live video, I ended up living the adjustable phased rotor in a position that Holley’s tech people told me to leave it where I had placed it so the engine would run (contrary to the instructions).
In the end, I am happy with the Sniper 2 EFI.
If you want more details, send a PM with your email address.

Thanks for the info!  Ill PM you. 

 

Yesterday 9:19 PM  #8


Re: What jets are yall running in your Holley Carb?

I am running a Holley 570 street Avenger it has P65 and S68 with a 6.5 power valve
 


Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .
     •Thread Starter
 

Board footera


REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.