FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2013 9:04 AM  #1

Help needed to find a part

I need a stock TV lever for my AOD. Trying to use stock cables and brackets. Anyone have one I can buy. 

4/21/2013 10:15 AM  #2

Re: Help needed to find a part

FFR3247 wrote:

I need a stock TV lever for my AOD. Trying to use stock cables and brackets. Anyone have one I can buy. 

Local salvage yard might be an option, the core I got already had one, luckily.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

4/21/2013 12:36 PM  #3

Yeah done that already. These early stang parts are getting scarce. I was big into fox body stangs several years ago and threw away more parts than I car to mention. Who would have thought this stuff would be hard to come by now. 

Last edited by FFR3247 (4/21/2013 12:37 PM)

4/21/2013 12:41 PM  #4

AOD's are still plentiful( see Ya shoudda gone 4R70W, Hehheh)
Try several of your local auto tranny shops, they ought to have some.

and I should have thought to suggest that in the PM
Corky

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

4/21/2013 1:47 PM  #5

Yep done that too. All the places I've called haven't seen a AOD for years. I've found some but the mustang specific one is different. Well at least the floor shift AOD is different from a column shift as far as the lever goes.  It's also no longer avail thru ford.  I really have exhausted all local possibilities.  eBay and other mustang forums. 

I may get around to firing this thing il this week. I've been so busy it's kinda taken the back burner. 

4/21/2013 2:15 PM  #6

Take what you can find and then break out your welder....mod it.  I'm running a Mustang (right side) HO TB on the left side.  I moded  it to work with the stock Towncar TV cable setup. 

It can be done.

BB

Last edited by Bullet Bob (4/21/2013 2:16 PM)

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

4/21/2013 4:40 PM  #7

Was actually going to look at doing that tomorrow am. 

4/21/2013 7:08 PM  #8

Locar does make a bolt on lever.....If Ya can't find an origional one....They ain't cheap though.

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.