FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/22/2014 5:03 PM  #1

lower door window frame

I swear to god, my car must have lived at the bottom of the ocean at one point. So, the bottom of the doors look like they were gnawed off by a wolverine due to all the rust. We get some decent, but empty, door shells off Craigslist. We're replacing most of the innards with power windows, power locks, etc. 

So, I figure we can at least pull the glass out of the old doors and transfer it over. Pull the glass out, and the frames at the bottom of the glass that hold the tracks for the regulator rollers is literally falling apart.  

I cannot seem to even figure out what the part is called, so I'm assuming it's not reproduced. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get these? Don't see anything like it in the standard mustang parts stores, and the only thing I can find on ebay is the whole window, which seems like overkill and more
pricey.

Thanks for the help. 

Bob

Last edited by rbtconsultants (2/22/2014 5:04 PM)

2/23/2014 6:22 AM  #2

Re: lower door window frame

Seems the only way to get it is with a new window. BUT, if you go to an autobody supply house, you can get what's called universal bottom window channel. It comes in 8' lengths. You'll also neet the thick 'tape' that keeps the channel and window together.The 'tape' comes in different thickness so you'll need you windows thickness, too. Good job for a warm day. I used the same stuff on a rear '90 Blazer tailgate window; looked like it shared space with your window. 

2/27/2014 7:05 PM  #3

Re: lower door window frame

So, I picked up replacements from Glazier Nolan Mustang Barn. They were not cheap, but they are perfect condition originals. Great place. Glad I live near there :-)

Bob

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.