FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/04/2014 4:39 PM  #1

91 Minutes....

Is what it took two guys to go from this:

to this.  This is why we pay people who know what they're doing.  I'd have been at this for 3 days and strained every muscle I have....

3/04/2014 4:46 PM  #2

Re: 91 Minutes....

SWEEEEEET!!!

3/04/2014 5:19 PM  #3

You lucky$@&$!  That's awsome...the lift is cool too!

65 mustang coupe, 351W, C6-  2800 stall, B&M blower, 9inch- trac-loc 3.70 gears

3/04/2014 5:55 PM  #4

JW,
What lift/company did you go with?

BTW: looks sweet...............I should have one in my shop in a year......

jkb

3/04/2014 6:28 PM  #5

Derek Weaver out of Ft. Worth.  This is the Pro-Park 8 Plus.  The guys that installed it say they put in about 300/year around Texas.  They'd just finished doing 20 last week in Houston in some guys auto storage facility. He's putting in 120 over the next 6 months to double his storage capacity...

3/04/2014 6:35 PM  #6

Very nice

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

3/04/2014 7:19 PM  #7

Thanks JW.............I believe that's what MS is using too........in the meantime, i'm saving my $$ for my lift.

3/04/2014 7:39 PM  #8

Looks great.

1966 Coupe, 1965 Fastback, 1968 Cougar

3/04/2014 8:00 PM  #9

Do you mind me asking how much it cost to be installed?

3/04/2014 8:29 PM  #10

$550 for the install and they provided the hydraulic fluid.  That was probably worth about $20.

3/04/2014 9:58 PM  #11

I so want one.  I have the room but would need to modify my door first.  Nice!

3/05/2014 9:15 AM  #12

Awesome, but it looks like that plane is flying mighty close to the Stang!

3/05/2014 10:16 AM  #13

Thanks is sweet.  Love those lifts.

3/05/2014 11:57 AM  #14

James, that looks just like mine...  I'm sure you have figured out the ramps are pretty heavy.  A pair of modified RhinoRamps (the plastic ones) will do the job and weigh not much at all.

You are going to wonder how you ever worked all these years building that fastback without the lift!

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

3/05/2014 6:27 PM  #15

I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to get a non running vehicle up  onto the lift.  Anyone have a good technique?

3/05/2014 6:39 PM  #16

Its not that big a deal to just push it onto the lift, as long as it can roll.  I have done my Mustang by myself.  I had to enlist my wife to help get the F-100 up there.  Really want to make it easy?  Just call RAMSES !!!!

Now go steal your wife's full length door mirror and mount it up high at the end of the lift so you can see yourself driving onto the lift, perfectly centered every time.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

3/05/2014 8:00 PM  #17

Those wheels are nice - what kind are they?  Oh yeah, the lift is nice too.

Cheap, Fast, Good:  Pick Any Two

3/05/2014 8:07 PM  #18

I use two methods to get non running (are there any other kind we work on) cars on my four post lift. One is a 12 volt winch off of my old trailer that runs off of my battery charger. The other is a bracket I put on the front license plate mount on my truck that I have this tube about 8 feet long and a good rope threaded through it that I can loop around an axle or bumper or what ever on the dead car to push it up on the lift with the truck (going forward so I can see what is about to go wrong before it does). Works great and I don't have to wait for help. I use the truck method most since it is easier to find than the winch.

3/05/2014 8:39 PM  #19

jkordzi wrote:

Those wheels are nice - what kind are they?  Oh yeah, the lift is nice too.

Torque thrust IIs. 16"

3/08/2014 7:01 PM  #20

JamesW wrote:

I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to get a non running vehicle up  onto the lift.  Anyone have a good technique?

Sams Club's got a 12v winch for about 60 bucks just fab a temp mount and move it to your trailer or whever you need it next and you don't have to buy it beer or dinner! 

I made enough money to buy Miami, but pissed it away so fast

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.