FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/21/2014 6:08 AM  #1

First Time Out This Year

Sunny and temps in the 40's. Rain washed most of the salt off roads. Snow melt just about gone. The 66 Coupe had to come out today {actualy yesterday}, Just finished up Borgeson PS set up. Installed the kit, installed MS steering column bearing kit, adjustable struts from Glenn, and cut down original steering wheel diameter to 14 1/2".Aligned it to 4+ on caster and -1/4 on camber with 1/8" toe in. All I can say is WOW, its like driving a new old car. Might just have to put more than 5,000 miles on it this year. Back to reality, it's suppose to snow tonight.

3/21/2014 8:11 AM  #2

Re: First Time Out This Year

I've been itching to get mine out.  Its suppose to rain this afternoon to get the salt off the roads.  I need to try out Glenn's 5 speed transmission I installed over the winter.

Steve69

Last edited by Steve69 (3/21/2014 9:27 AM)

3/21/2014 9:17 AM  #3

Good to hear!  I've got two quick projects to go on my car and I think she will be ready to get back on the road.  some day I'll paint her and make her look pretty.. for now its drive baby drive.

3/21/2014 9:23 AM  #4

That just sounds like as much fun as a man alloud to have. Glad everything is working well.

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

3/21/2014 3:07 PM  #5

I usually wait till the first good rain to wash the salt off the roads before I venture out in the spring.
 I'm in Savannah right now on my way home from three weeks in Florida, I will start to get the old 68 ready for the first ride then.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

3/22/2014 8:21 AM  #6

Jim, with 4 degrees of caster does that Borgeson box return to center?

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

3/22/2014 10:56 AM  #7

Bullet Bob wrote:

Jim, with 4 degrees of caster does that Borgeson box return to center?

BB

Yes, better than I thought it would have. Should have done this a long time ago.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.