FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/24/2014 8:22 PM  #1

Interior rattle can paint choice

The metal areas of my interior is light blue.  I got interior paint from two different Mustang suppliers.  Omni-PAC which the can says is a lacquer blend. And rainbow industries which the can says is enamel. Both rattle spay cans.  Anyone use these and have a preference? The interior metal of doors have original paint on them ( what's left of it). Thanks.

3/24/2014 8:41 PM  #2

Re: Interior rattle can paint choice

I had good luck with the lacquer. Seemed to be harder and more durable.Just make sure when your spraying lacquer that it's ah dry warm day.

It's hard to type "funny"

3/24/2014 10:10 PM  #3

Original interior was done with lacquer.  Good thing about lacquer is you can wipe it off with lacquer thinner, even after 45 years of cure time.  So if you screw up, just wet a rag with some thinner and wipe it off.

I took the original blue paint of my door interiors with a rag and lacquer thinner, down to bare metal.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

3/25/2014 5:24 AM  #4

Screw up seems to be the key here. Lol. Thanks

3/25/2014 8:22 AM  #5

The SEM line of  rattle can paints seems to be the preferred choice of interior coatings. They have paints for hard and soft interios components.
I have used SEM many times and can recommend them. NPD stocks just about every color that Ford used.
We have a local autobody supplier for the SEM line, perhaps there is one in your area as well.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

3/25/2014 8:47 AM  #6

+1 for the SEM line of paints but it seems you can only get them from an autobody supply store.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.