FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/26/2013 5:59 PM  #1

Pro comp 8 stack injection

Hello all,

I just purchased a pro comp 8 stack fuel injection setup on eBay....have a Barry grant six shooter now which is three deuces...want webers without the hassles. Question is....I bought it on a whim....the seller is
Pro comp themselves and had it listed for 3399.00 with an offer option....I finally got an accepted offer
Of 2800.00.......I haven't paid yet and asked some shipping questions and have been ignored thus far...
I rather not pay than buy a piece of junk with no support. The kit is turn key minus injectors.....anyone
Have any insight?
It is for sbf.

4/26/2013 6:15 PM  #2

Re: Pro comp 8 stack injection

I did a quick search.  I found one Chevy link that was not very positive http://alspoliticalview.blogspot.com/2013/02/pro-comp-electronics-stack-injection.html  

My only experience was with several guys that tried to get a system that was built in Colorado several years ago to run on a variety of engines in Cobras.  None of them ever ran to expectations, several were ripped off and replaced with carbs, and some people brute forced them into running - apparently pretty well at full throttle.  I think that if you want the look of Webers, you might have a better time with Webers.  The stack systems did look cool on a stationary car though.  Perhaps others have had more positive experiences.  A lot probably depends on access to a dyno, extensive programming experience, and patience.

Here is a positive article but if you read between the lines they say that many more hours would be required for street driving, etc.  http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/mmfp_1209_procomp_electronics_ir_individual_runner_intake_test/viewall.html  and on occasion, the articles in many of these publications are heavily biased towards the vendor IMO.

4/26/2013 7:39 PM  #3

Re: Pro comp 8 stack injection

I read the sbc article about their 8 stacks...HMMMMMM,I would walk away if it is the same design as the sbc set up....The price is super good,but after reading the sbc article  their technology is suspect,remember "all that glitters is not gold".....jj

"Never put a question mark where God put a period "  Richard Petty

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.