FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/01/2014 3:24 PM  #1

Innovative Solution for Booster and Master Cylinder

This guy stuffed a 460 in an 89 Mustang, so there was not enough room for his booster and master cylinder.  So, he mounted them in front of the shock tower and extended the actuation rod.  I don't know how well this works, but I have to give him credit for ingenuity.

4/01/2014 4:05 PM  #2

Re: Innovative Solution for Booster and Master Cylinder

I'd be really concerned about flex in that long rod.  When you REALLY need to stop is when it would give you a problem...

Brakes are one of those things that should probably not be 'experimental', IMHO...

"Whatever you are, be a good one." - Abraham Lincoln

4/01/2014 4:53 PM  #3

Technomancer wrote:

I'd be really concerned about flex in that long rod.

Quoted without comment....

He'll probably be OK as long as that booster is working.  If it craps or he looses vacuum, then we'll see just how well he engineered his bracketry.

John

4/01/2014 5:17 PM  #4

Didn't the original TBirds and the Sunbeam tiger have a remote booster and master cylinder?  But, I think they used a master cylinder/slave cylinder to get the pedal motion to the booster?

I am wondering how he mounted the booster so it would not flex.  Maybe tied to that monte carlo bar?

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/01/2014 7:09 PM  #5

I've seen these under dash rigs on ah few cars . This one is an RRS version for early mustang

Last edited by Derek (4/01/2014 7:10 PM)

It's hard to type "funny"

4/01/2014 8:24 PM  #6

John wrote:

Technomancer wrote:

I'd be really concerned about flex in that long rod.

Quoted without comment....

He'll probably be OK as long as that booster is working.  If it craps or he looses vacuum, then we'll see just how well he engineered his bracketry.

John

Wonder where Don is!?!! Missing a great opportunity for a comment!!
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

4/01/2014 9:49 PM  #7

Of course I just had to say something like this on a day like April 1...

>.<!!!

lol

"Whatever you are, be a good one." - Abraham Lincoln

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.