FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/10/2014 8:33 AM  #1

The more I look at 71-73 Convertibles the more I like them

This, to me, is a pretty car. A little too spendy, but I like it. I've always like 65-66 coupes, but if I could find a 71-73 convertible I think it would make a neat project.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/4392844045.html

Last edited by Raymond_B (4/10/2014 8:34 AM)

4/10/2014 8:56 AM  #2

Re: The more I look at 71-73 Convertibles the more I like them

They are, Raymond and that one is really nice.  I'm not so sure that it is not worth what he is asking.  I wonder if you could drop a hopped up 300 ci truck motor in there?

Isn't that the last of the 'real' Mustangs or was that in '73?

Last edited by boomyal (4/10/2014 8:57 AM)

4/10/2014 9:05 AM  #3

73 was the last real one and those seem huge! But even in that year the convertible just looks right to me. A 300 would be interesting, I had one with a 5spd in an 89 F-150. But it seems like it'd be too tall for the engine bay, but maybe the later models would swallow it up. I was thinking an aluminum headed 460 would be cool

4/10/2014 9:12 AM  #4

You could probably get this one for about the same price...  This was the final Corvette to be recovered from the sinkhole...

Or... God's way of saying YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A MUSTANG.

note: this car had been retrofitted with a roll cage.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/10/2014 9:18 AM  #5

Wow, yeah you can tell that one was at the bottom. Regardless of the brand, still makes me sad.

4/10/2014 9:52 AM  #6

Ive had several 71-73 cars. Steering and brakes are way improved over earlier models. I dont care for the white around the nose of this one. Seems priced pretty high for what it is.

4/10/2014 12:49 PM  #7

The more I look at 71-73 Convertibles the more I like them, is something I've been saying often too. The best thing bout them is not looks, it's the ride. Much better than the Stangs just a few years older. More dare I say more "Modern"
The one in the Craigslist add though?? Whats up with the Camaro nose stripe??

Tubo

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

4/10/2014 12:50 PM  #8

Yeah I'm on the fence about the stripe, but it was simply the ad that made me think to make a post. I've seen several 71-73's popping up and when I see the convertibles I really like the lines.

4/10/2014 1:00 PM  #9

We drove Tubo's 73 vert over 1200 miles two summers ago and if it had some mufflers and working AC it  would have been great.  Very nice driving highway car.

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

4/10/2014 1:03 PM  #10

Either you guys have a script that looks for but and changes it to butt(TS&T) or someone with admin rights manually changed it. Either way, that's awesome and made me laugh

It's auto! I love it!!!

Last edited by Raymond_B (4/10/2014 1:03 PM)

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.