FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/11/2014 8:05 AM  #1

anyone got a pic of ashtray receptical?

Seems like I need to do a 2 hour cleaning and reorganizing session as I can't find the ashtray receptical/box or hardware to install it or the under dash light hoder brackets. My garage is disorganized chaos as I install the wiring and I hate to stop, but Am running some power wire to feed an aux relay on the passenger sidewall and need to see how much clearence if any I have to run my wiring on the upper edge of lower dash...area under ashtray, but still in dash. 66 coupe btw

Last edited by mainiac1 (4/11/2014 8:15 AM)

Stupid Hurts!...66 coupe, 302, 4 wheel disks...lots of Mods

4/11/2014 9:15 AM  #2

Re: anyone got a pic of ashtray receptical?

I do not have pictures, but the area you mention only allows for about 0.25" of clearance between the bottom of the ashtray and the lower dash.  (I have several small diameter wires running in this space) The area above the ashtray housing and below the radio offers about 1" of clearance, and may be the better option.

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

4/11/2014 9:25 AM  #3

Re: anyone got a pic of ashtray receptical?

Thanks alot Bob. I kinda suspected I'd have a clearence issue if I ran them under the ashtrey...especially 8 gage I'm running. Thanks again for the info.

Stupid Hurts!...66 coupe, 302, 4 wheel disks...lots of Mods

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.