FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/10/2014 9:19 PM  #1

Help please styled wheels

Who is best shop to buy 15x7 black and chrome styled wheels for my 66 ?
vintage wheel - wheel specialties - or scott drake?
 after 4.25 to 4.5 backspace so any of these brands would do
ny one dealt with Johns Mustangs?
Mike

20 of our members in new Zealand on way to 50th celebrations

4/11/2014 3:45 PM  #2

Re: Help please styled wheels

Some one must have these up there in the states?

4/11/2014 4:52 PM  #3

Mustangs Unlimited ....part#...646606.....1888-3989898....jj

"Never put a question mark where God put a period "  Richard Petty

4/11/2014 5:17 PM  #4

I have the Scott Drake. Very nice.

Last edited by zakdaddy99 (4/11/2014 5:17 PM)

Good, fast or cheap. Pick any two...

4/11/2014 6:31 PM  #5

I'd say Scott drake or any place but mustangs unlimited horrible customer service

4/11/2014 7:41 PM  #6

I have the wheels from Mustangs Unlimited. I bought them several years ago and I believe they were actually made in Oregon. I bought the 15x7's. They look nice but the painted area seems to scratch easily. My spare is a stock size 14" Scott Drake wheel. It is not exactly apples to apples, but the Scott Drake looks better to me and the painted finish looks a bit sturdier. Truthfully, they both look pretty sharp to me.

1965 Mustang 2+2 EFI

4/11/2014 7:56 PM  #7

jerseyjoe wrote:

Mustangs Unlimited ....part#...646606.....1888-3989898....jj

I bought that same set from MU when I had my 66.  They didn't last 1 NJ winter.  They were ALL RUST.  I had to buy trim rings to hide the rust.    I don't do chrome wheels anymore. I'd prefer the 67 GT wheels that are painted gray. 

GET HER DONE BULLETBOB!!! ..

4/11/2014 10:33 PM  #8

Markin did you wax then? salt from snow in your area?

4/12/2014 6:06 AM  #9

jollem wrote:

Markin did you wax then? salt from snow in your area?

Waxed them, and yes was in NJ so we had snow. But car was never driven in winter.  Those wheels were made by Specialy Wheels, and they were about 700 for a set of 4   15x7 with center caps.  But chrome didn't last 1 winter. 

GET HER DONE BULLETBOB!!! ..

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.