FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/19/2013 9:33 PM  #1

Not trying(really) to start trouble butt.........

is the participation rate DOWN on this site since the format change...or is it just the look is different?
Swapping back IS NOT an option,I know....just seems like less stuff is being talked about.
May just be me.....I don't know.
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

4/19/2013 10:29 PM  #2

Re: Not trying(really) to start trouble butt.........

trouble maker  

Actually I think partisipation is up.  It just doesn't look like it because all the posts are neetly orgonized under each thread instead of visible like they were before.

We are only in to this 20 days so these numbers speek volumes.  that is not quite 70 posts a day.

Total number of topics: 223
Total number of posts: 1,337

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

4/19/2013 11:11 PM  #3

Daze wrote:

trouble maker  

Actually I think partisipation is up.  It just doesn't look like it because all the posts are neetly orgonized under each thread instead of visible like they were before.

this.

its a lot easier to read!

4/19/2013 11:35 PM  #4

It's OK, Sally - you don't have to feel like the Lone Ranger. Some of us still prefer the old forum better. Like they used to say in the Navy - "ya can make me work here, but ya can't make me like it".  There were certain aspects of the old forum that I still like better, regardless of how better or more modern this one claims to be.

Us old dinosaurs have to remember the dinosaur motto - "resist change at all costs"....

I will now be dragged kicking and screaming into the future.

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

4/19/2013 11:45 PM  #5

Ron68 wrote:

I will now be dragged kicking and screaming into the future.

+1

Tubo

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

4/20/2013 6:04 AM  #6

The new reconfigured site is fine....more compact ,precise,detailed...its not bad....like any changes in our lives we have to get used to them.....jj

"Never put a question mark where God put a period "  Richard Petty

4/20/2013 7:48 AM  #7

Daze wrote:

trouble maker  

We are only in to this 20 days so these numbers speek volumes.  that is not quite 70 posts a day.

Total number of topics: 223
Total number of posts: 1,337

200 posts asked how to post a pic
200 posts on how to post a smiley face
300 posts on were duplicate posts just to be eligible to post a pic
100 posts on how much we dont like the new style
100 posts convincing us to all create a new account and log in and its not an april fools joke
100 posts telling us to try it and give it a chance
100 posts telling us how to post a reply
100 posts telling us how you got rid of the quick post feature
100 posts on how to make an avatar

Just my way of sarcastically saying those numbers really don't tell the truth..
Still like the old forum style better. 

GET HER DONE BULLETBOB!!! ..

4/20/2013 8:07 AM  #8

i like the new forum but i also liked the old format.  It does seem like less folks are on these days in comparison to the "old days" but, we've also added many new members too which is a great thing. 

Not sure if all the aspects of a busy life have gotten in the way and many of us simply don't have time to spend here right now.  Me, i'm logging in several times a day to check on things and will continue to do so.

I continue to appreciate not being annoyed by pop up ads, sponsor ads, etc........other "mustang" sites drive me crazy with those things.

Regardless of the format of this forum, the bottomline is we have a great vehicle in place to help one another with issues we may have with a hobby we all love.  The additional benefit is this forum has led to some outstanding friendships..........friendships which would probably have never occured if not for this forum.......just keeping it in perspective..

and Sal, you ain't no trouble maker........

4/20/2013 9:40 AM  #9

josh-kebob wrote:

i like the new forum but i also liked the old format.  It does seem like less folks are on these days in comparison to the "old days" but, we've also added many new members too which is a great thing. 

Not sure if all the aspects of a busy life have gotten in the way and many of us simply don't have time to spend here right now.  Me, i'm logging in several times a day to check on things and will continue to do so.

I continue to appreciate not being annoyed by pop up ads, sponsor ads, etc........other "mustang" sites drive me crazy with those things.

Regardless of the format of this forum, the bottomline is we have a great vehicle in place to help one another with issues we may have with a hobby we all love.  The additional benefit is this forum has led to some outstanding friendships..........friendships which would probably have never occured if not for this forum.......just keeping it in perspective..

and Sal, you ain't no trouble maker........

4/20/2013 10:00 AM  #10

Well, even I have not gotten comfortably into a groove with the new format.  In the old forum, there were around 1,500 registered users, most of whom have come and gone and we were down to a core group with a few newcomers every week.  So far here, we have 260 registered, with alot of those being new people.  We did make alot of new friends with the old format, but just think of all the new friends you haven't even met yet.

I am still in the mode of "trying to make the new format work".  I like everything about it except the fact that I cannot easily tell what I have read already and what has not been read.  You have to be carfeful and methodical to make that part work, and I do not necessarily have those qualities.  I really do feel that once everyone gets used to it, it will work out just fine.  I am just as bad as anyone else about not liking change from what I am comfortable with.  Heck, if we all had our way and wanted to stay right where we are most comfortable, we would all still be in the womb.  Every one of us was dragged kicking and screaming from THAT comfortable place in our lives, so this is just one more event in the big scheme of things.

The more posts you personally make, the more people will get to know you.  Just tell us what you did to your car and what problems you incountered on the way so you stay in tune with everyone.  Not every post has to be a question.  This is not JEAPORDY.   Just keep involved and the format will become just as comfortable as the old one.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/20/2013 10:08 AM  #11

Dang Hakan, I was hoping to get one of your trademark "thumbs up carricature" replies....

4/21/2013 3:25 PM  #12

josh-kebob wrote:

Dang Hakan, I was hoping to get one of your trademark "thumbs up carricature" replies....

Ok, ok! But as no practical work on a Mustang was involved you only get the small version:

4/21/2013 3:26 PM  #13

I'll take it Hakan!!  thanks............

4/21/2013 7:01 PM  #14

Yo, Yella Bird.
The old forum was viewable while surfing the Eglin AFB internet. The new one is blocked. We get our internet feed through Robbins.So Lt.Col. j-kb, is this an AF wide issue?? Or localized through Robbins??CAN ANY THING BE DONE?? Tubo  

4/21/2013 7:09 PM  #15

tubo, i've got the same problems at work...............new firewall crapola i guess.  anyway, time for you an me to focus more on work vs checking in FYI Ford i from our "office space" cubical I guess......

4/21/2013 7:17 PM  #16

Tubo wrote:

Yo, Yella Bird.
The old forum was viewable while surfing the Eglin AFB internet. The new one is blocked. We get our internet feed through Robbins.So Lt.Col. j-kb, is this an AF wide issue?? Or localized through Robbins??CAN ANY THING BE DONE?? Tubo  

HOW DID I GET DRAGGED INTO THIS??? 
i know, I know Robins AFB, if thats what yer referring to it's just one B. when i saw that 2 bs i thought i was in trouble AGAIN!

4/21/2013 7:46 PM  #17

Tubo wrote:

Yo, Yella Bird.

Have you tried adding http:// fyi.boardhost.com to your " trusted sites" list in IE?  Tools, Internet options, security tab, highlight trusted sites, click sites button, and type it in there, click add, click ok.

Have you tried a different browser at work?  like google chrome or firefox?

GET HER DONE BULLETBOB!!! ..

4/21/2013 8:59 PM  #18

Mark it's a Govt. Patuter, you can only see what they let you see and only how they let you see it.
Bah!!

4/29/2013 4:36 PM  #19

I am the opposite of some of you and prefer the new format and hated the old. I find it a huge pain to have to thread and unthread the old version, and when you post you cant really directly quote someone. Give it some time and I think you all will love this format, there is a reason the majority of message boards on the internet look like this.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.