FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/11/2014 2:18 PM  #1

66 Dash pad HELP ??

I've slept since I took the Dash pad off my 66 Mustang ( few thousand days ago ) and can't remember if I use glue on the back edge near the glass and the front edge near the glove box and instrument panel any suggestions...

66 PonySilverBlue-289/gt40/roller/650cfm/ram air-T-5-cable-w4way.disc/4-245x50x16"

4/11/2014 2:47 PM  #2

Re: 66 Dash pad HELP ??

No glue. There are moldings at the lower edge of the windshield with screws. The area above the glo vebox and the gauges is attached with screws into the dash.

Good, fast or cheap. Pick any two...

4/11/2014 8:11 PM  #3

Vkt-66 wrote:

I've slept since I took the Dash pad off my 66 Mustang ( few thousand days ago ) and can't remember if I use glue on the back edge near the glass and the front edge near the glove box and instrument panel any suggestions...

The body assembly manual for the '65 shows that the dash pad is held with adhesive in the same areas you mention. When I removed my original dash pad in my '65 it was glued in. I put the replacement in in the same manner.

1965 Mustang 2+2 EFI

4/11/2014 8:32 PM  #4

65 dash pads are different than 66. Mine had no glue.

Good, fast or cheap. Pick any two...

4/14/2014 9:24 AM  #5

Thanks guy's.......I searched the archives and saw Steve's post about installing a pad in his 66 but didn't mention how he fixed it ?? thought maybe somebody here had the same issue and a post about how to remedy the situation.???? 
                                                             APPRECIATE THE HELP !!

PS; I have the molding for top at glass and the small trim at bottom right & left ..I belive the trim at glass goes in after glass and headlinner..

66 PonySilverBlue-289/gt40/roller/650cfm/ram air-T-5-cable-w4way.disc/4-245x50x16"

4/14/2014 9:58 AM  #6

I have a '65 convertible.  I replaced the pad back in '83 ish.  I do not remember any glue, only the front and lower trim pieces.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.