FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/14/2014 2:58 PM  #1

whats it worth.. to you?

Lets say in my new twisted passion for resoring hotrods, I found a 67 Mustang coupe in a field, I know there is a lot of variables here.... what would it be worth? It runs,is a california car, it appeares in good shape (from the pictures)  is white, Auto, 289 4 barrel have yet to see the car or vin, just putting the feelers out there?
Thanks in advance for any input, constructive criticism,  or other!

All men die, but not all men truly ever live.

4/14/2014 3:36 PM  #2

Re: whats it worth.. to you?

The only constructive criticism I can offer is to say these types of posts are useless.
We are from all over the world, values for the same car vary greatly.
Your post says nothing of rust issues, options, interior condition, etc.
Value truly is what you are willing to pay, and the seller is willing to sell it for.
Any thing from $1 up.....

4/14/2014 4:10 PM  #3

Check the vin # and see if it is a special or exceptional car worth restoring....jj 

"Never put a question mark where God put a period "  Richard Petty

4/14/2014 4:34 PM  #4

Well there Darren, dont be wishy washy, tell us how you really feel...

jerseyjoe, that kinda what I was thinking, I am at work until Wednesday, but will check it out then, just trying to do some due diligence beforehand.
Here is a few pictures that are kind of hard to tell the interior options, but I was able to ascertain a few things by just looking at them, maybe ya'll could tell some more, I am not a resident mustang expert like most on here, so thanks:

4/14/2014 4:55 PM  #5

Sorry I was brutally honest.
However, as a result, you came back with pics, which is a first, so good for you.
I can see it has/had A/C....
Judging from what pics you posted, without a VIN, which will probably be uneventful, no more than 2k if its not rusted out.
Unless we find out it was Carroll Shelby's mistresses personal car or something....

4/14/2014 7:00 PM  #6

darren wrote:

Sorry I was brutally honest.
However, as a result, you came back with pics, which is a first, so good for you.
I can see it has/had A/C....
Judging from what pics you posted, without a VIN, which will probably be uneventful, no more than 2k if its not rusted out.
Unless we find out it was Carroll Shelby's mistresses personal car or something....

Wonder what these are worth then?  Saw these in Puerto Rico a few years ago along with a dozen or so other cars in similar disrepair. I'm no expert, but it sure appears to me that the one on the left is a '68 Shelby and the one on the right a '67 Shelby. 

1965 Mustang 2+2 EFI

4/14/2014 7:06 PM  #7

Exactly my point. The car pictured is a pretty plain jane coupe, unless it can be proven otherwise.  If the cars you posted are indeed Shelbys my opinion of value would be much higher.

4/14/2014 7:35 PM  #8

There's a yellow BOSS 302 in that picture as well...

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/15/2014 6:32 AM  #9

Jeff, one of the largest collections of Mustangs I have ever seen for sale was in Puerto Rico a couple years ago.  Cant remember the exact details I just remember to was HUGE

4/15/2014 9:33 AM  #10

So just had my morning ruined, thanks Jeff in GA! I followed up on that picture I showed on this link, what a WASTE!!!!!!!! 
 Terry, check out this link :

http://bringatrailer.com/2008/12/02/still-available-puerto-rican-mustang-warehouse/

There is a little article about this said auction, and it looks like the auction was pulled? So I am assuming these vehicles might still be stiitng there, in fact there is a link at the bottom of this article for a google maps, you cant actually zoom in far enough to see what is still there, but you can make out a bunch of car carcasses in it! Ughhh, kinda sickly about it, I think I was better off not knowing this pile of cars ever existed

4/15/2014 10:40 AM  #11

Can't save em all.

4/15/2014 12:16 PM  #12

The less there are, the more ours is worth...

It's hard to type "funny"

4/15/2014 12:51 PM  #13

Think of it this way if you see them all the time it's not worth as much as a rare bird. But still if it's one you really like or care for etc then if it seems like a good deal To you then it's worth it.

4/15/2014 8:12 PM  #14

devovino wrote:

So just had my morning ruined, thanks Jeff in GA! I followed up on that picture I showed on this link, what a WASTE!!!!!!!! 
 Terry, check out this link :

http://bringatrailer.com/2008/12/02/still-available-puerto-rican-mustang-warehouse/

There is a little article about this said auction, and it looks like the auction was pulled? So I am assuming these vehicles might still be stiitng there, in fact there is a link at the bottom of this article for a google maps, you cant actually zoom in far enough to see what is still there, but you can make out a bunch of car carcasses in it! Ughhh, kinda sickly about it, I think I was better off not knowing this pile of cars ever existed

And here I thought I happened upon my very own barn finds 

If you drive to see the Aracibo telescope you cannot miss this place. As an aside, the telescope in person is pretty spectacular and the drive up to it is a lot of fun with all the twistys. I put that little econobox rental to the test..drove it like I rented it   

1965 Mustang 2+2 EFI

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.