FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/15/2014 10:15 PM  #1

My (old) car in Germany

Several years ago I was forced for financial reasons to sell my 67 mustang.  The guy I sold it to was in the business of exporting classic american cars to Germany.  He paid me $24k and eventually shipped the car overseas where it sold for a little over $40k.  Since then, he closed his shop in Long Beach, CA and relocated permanently in Germany. 

Yesterday I stumbled across a video he made during a calendar shoot.  My car (blue 67 convertible) appears at 1:05 and again at 2:06.

Here's the youtube link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBqquvJ3QXI

It made my day...

4/16/2014 9:59 AM  #2

Re: My (old) car in Germany

Don't those people know that smoking  is bad for their health!
 As for the rest, very risque for this forum!

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

4/16/2014 12:38 PM  #3

I have never understood the attraction to a video such as that.  It's nice that your car is featured, but the models add nothing more than a distraction to looking at some nice Mustangs.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/16/2014 6:02 PM  #4

Great shots of the cars but personally, I have always had a problem with shots showing models lounging all over a car in order to look sexy. Don't they realize that the metal on the hood and trunk lids is not designed to support their weight?? A 125 lb model kneeling down on a hood can make a pretty good dent, not to mention scratching the paint that we all work hard at trying to keep from getting damaged. And that especially goes to the stupid folks who show commercials with two people sitting on the hood leaning up against the windshield  - somebody get a rope!!!!

That is a really nice looking 67 convert, though. Betcha wish ya hadn't sold it, huh?

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

4/17/2014 7:45 AM  #5

IMHO tattoos and underwear are for ratrods. Just sayin.

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.