FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/05/2014 6:26 PM  #1

Seat platform height

Has anyone used the 69, 70 seat platforms in a 67, 68 forĀ more head room? I keep reading about it in the magazines, They are much shorter. It seems to make more sense than modifying the tallerĀ 67, 68 platforms. I recovered my seats and used brand new high density foam, now i sit way to high, im 6'2" already, so this didnt help. Should have kept the old broken in stuff. Just might have to cut some foam out.

5/05/2014 6:36 PM  #2

Re: Seat platform height

They could work I've seen that done before it works good. What about a mustangs to fear headliner pricy but good product from what I've Hurd. http://www.mustangstofear.com/page.php?page=parts_catalog&prod=one_piece_headliners

5/05/2014 8:06 PM  #3

Actually go to mustangs plus tech page. There's an article on how to lower your seat platform. That's what I did and it works great!

5/05/2014 9:31 PM  #4

If you do lower your seat riser, just be prepared for a LOT of work.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

5/06/2014 1:12 AM  #5

yes I did see the mustangs to fear video, but I kind of like the headliner look. I also read that it takes head room away. I know each car is different, but on most cars, it seems that the top of the seat back is some what level the top of the door. ( low backs of course, 67-68) Mine are higher.
.  Hey, did you check out the mustangs to fear video on the windshield install? Once you see this, you will want to try it, and it really works well! Any way, I think I'll try the smaller seat plat forms- after I find my electrical problems! Aaahhhhh!  :-/:-/

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.