FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/04/2014 10:46 PM  #1

AOD Speedometer gear retainer question

Is there a special clip that goes into the plastic bit that keeps this from popping off? Any part numbers if so?

6/04/2014 10:48 PM  #2

Re: AOD Speedometer gear retainer question

you know there has to be. sorry i don't have a part number. i'd ask at the local tranny repair shop about it before i tried to order on efrom ford.

6/05/2014 6:12 AM  #3

What number gear are you using??  I tried every gear available to try to get my speedo to read properly.  NEVER did!  Finally I went to a GPS speedo, its acurate now!

Yes to the clip but cant help on part number!  I can look later today to see if I have one, I know I do since my cable is no longer used.  Just not sure where it is!!

6/05/2014 7:09 AM  #4

You need a speedometer gear clip. CJ  Pony # C1DZ17292A. It is 3.99 and in stock.

6/05/2014 10:14 PM  #5

Thanks it's now on order

6/05/2014 11:40 PM  #6

They are also easy pickings at local trans shop

Tubo

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

6/07/2014 11:59 AM  #7

C1DZ-17292-A  $1.92 from FORD

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.