FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/15/2014 9:18 AM  #1

Birthday/ Fathers day gift

When my birthday and fathers day fall on the same day, like they do this year, Evelyn and Aria usually help me clean out the garage.  This year they helped me clean out the shop.  I used the panoramic option on my phone so some parts of the picture like shelves and workbenches look bent and distorted.  Thank you to my girls who worked hard yesterday so we could get it done.

before

after

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

6/15/2014 9:28 AM  #2

Re: Birthday/ Fathers day gift

Congratulations Day!

Unfortunately today was not my birthday and there's no Father's day over here so I had to clean my workbench myself. Didn't take any pics though.

6/15/2014 11:58 AM  #3

I'm a parorama fan.  With my Nikon DSLR I shoot at 45mm.  That is good for no distortion, butt that is good for a wide view to begin with.  With a cell phone and close quarters like your shop your gonna get distortion.  Your shop has more stuff that I could use.

Volvo!

6/15/2014 12:15 PM  #4

Well Happy Birthday Day!!!!  that sounds like an echo

6/15/2014 5:21 PM  #5

My work benches have so much stuff on them they actually look like that. LOL

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

6/15/2014 6:08 PM  #6

Hey, someone took a picture of my workbench! Happy Father's Day, Day! I got to dig clams with my wife, son and daughter. Got a mess of clams for dinner tomorrow night. Kinda like the crawdads we had at your place, eh?

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

6/15/2014 8:56 PM  #7

OK that is just wrong!  How are you going to work in there?  Every thing put away and all.  L8tr  Steve

66 coupe, Now a 11 year garage ornament.

6/15/2014 10:43 PM  #8

i love how in the before pic, the bench is full and the garbage can is empty. afterwards, it's the other way round.

6/16/2014 6:49 AM  #9

Happy birthday Daze. You must be a helluva Dad/husband to enlist help like that!!

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

6/16/2014 1:28 PM  #10

It's light outside in the "before" and dark outside in the "after".  Hmmm, must have taken a while.

Happy Birthday!

P.S. - care to share the "Fear the Spear" story (orange sign)?

Founding Member of the Perpetually Bewildered Society

6/16/2014 1:46 PM  #11

Looks great!     Happy Birthday.

jerry

6/16/2014 5:21 PM  #12

Thanks for all the happy birthday wishes!!!

John Ha wrote:

It's light outside in the "before" and dark outside in the "after".  Hmmm, must have taken a while.

Start to finish the project took about 12 hours of work time not including breaking to eat.  There was lots to sort through and put away and orgonize.  Also there was a "shelf" at the end of my shop that was 4' X 10'  and it was used for doors and body panels off of a Galaxie I parted out.  The "shelf" was removed during the corse of the project.

John Ha wrote:

P.S. - care to share the "Fear the Spear" story (orange sign)?

Sure.  There are two high schools in Kalispell.  The one I graduated from is Flathead high school home of the Braves and Bravettes (as in native americans) The symbol of our school use to be a brave head but do to political correctness back in the 90s we adopted the same spear the florida state seminoles use on the side of their football helmets as our school symbol, and the schools colors are orange and black.  I got that sign last year at a crosstown basketball game and being that my household is all about local sports AND my daughter will be attending that high school in 2 more years my wife though the sign should go on the shop wall.  Aren't you glad you asked  

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

6/16/2014 5:43 PM  #13

Daze wrote:

Sure.  There are two high schools in Kalispell.  The one I graduated from is Flathead high school home of the Braves and Bravettes (as in native americans) The symbol of our school use to be a brave head but do to political correctness back in the 90s we adopted the same spear the florida state seminoles use on the side of their football helmets as our school symbol, and the schools colors are orange and black.  I got that sign last year at a crosstown basketball game and being that my household is all about local sports AND my daughter will be attending that high school in 2 more years my wife though the sign should go on the shop wall.  Aren't you glad you asked  

Yes, I am glad I asked!  Thank you for sharing.  You've added another item to my list of things that do not bewilder me.  

Founding Member of the Perpetually Bewildered Society

6/17/2014 8:47 PM  #14

Very useful help, there Daze.  Congratulations on having the family pitch in with the shop.

I got a "real leather" beer can holder to strap to my belt like a holster...

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.