FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/13/2014 8:56 PM  #1

Dynacorn?

Hello all, finally had the time to pull the front end apart of my 69 Mach. It looks like I'm going to need a radiator support, both front aprons, and both shock towers. Has anyone used dynacorn parts? Any other brands? Your 2 cents will be appreciated.

7/13/2014 10:42 PM  #2

Re: Dynacorn?

Dynacorn is very good quality, Goodmark almost as good, Have used both with good results.

I made enough money to buy Miami, but pissed it away so fast

7/14/2014 1:36 PM  #3

I recently ordered and received a Dynacorn cowl induction steel hood for my wife's 68 camaro convertible.  It fit very well.  I would recommend them and plan to get my quarter panels from them for my 65 mustang.

65 mustang coupe, 351W, C6-  2800 stall, B&M blower, 9inch- trac-loc 3.70 gears

7/14/2014 1:49 PM  #4

Dynacorn core support is a nice piece.  Hood is a crap piece.  I have one of each on my car.  The hood will be removed once I get the original Ford hood repainted.  Itt only took me 21 years to find a decent one.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

7/14/2014 8:39 PM  #5

I have used quite a few reproduction parts and its interesting how it works out.

I would recommend using Dynacorn for the following.
-torque boxes(they come with the gussets)
-Seat risers(they have an extra support underneath the riser)
-Rear filler panels for fastback(can get them in weld thru primer)
-Rear seat support

I howevef  recently bought a pair of dynacorn door skins.  Driveside had different shape on the upper area above the body line.  I was reluctant to try and use it so i cutr off the bottom 4 inches to use as a patch on my orignal door.  Thats a lot of fun butt welding in the lower patch and keeping the gaps right.

I bought some nice full lenght floor pans from Npd and couldn't get them to fit properly. Bought a taiwan pan from a local supplier and it fit like a champ and allowed me to butt weld both full pans in.

7/15/2014 1:44 PM  #6

Thank you all for the replys, MS, glad to hear the rad support fit well, and a tad concerned that the hood was crap, don't think I have 21 years left in me LOL. At some point before I bought the car someone must have tried to close the hood with a stuck hinge as it has a slight bow towards the back. Luckily for me I don't really have any bad rust issues other than the taillight panel, behind the rear wheels, and a small spot on the drivers door. Floor pans and frame rails are all good. Bought the car 35 years ago with some previously repaired front end damage and been in a garage for most of the time since. The biggest job atm is going to be the shock towers, and all the sheet metal in front of em.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.