FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/22/2014 3:51 PM  #1

Granada Rear brake caliper mounts for mustang

Hello,
I am new to the forum. I am looking for a set of rear brak caliper mounts that fit onto a 1978 ford Granada rearend. The rearend is being fit to a 66 mustang. I have found a photo with what they look like.

I will attach a link.

About halfway down on the page it shows the two axles and the two rear caliper mounts on the floor. It is this stlye I am looking for. I have found another style that looks very similar, but they have 1 mounting bolt hole that is vertical and the other it horizontal. I need the ones that are both vertical.
Thank you for your help with this.

7/22/2014 3:53 PM  #2

Re: Granada Rear brake caliper mounts for mustang

Here is the link. Picture is halfway down on the page. Shows two axles with caliper mounts on the floor.

7/22/2014 3:56 PM  #3

7/22/2014 6:53 PM  #4

I have what you are looking for, have all of the mounting pieces, sheilds, parking brake cables, rotors, both axles but the drivers axle is bent so it is unusable. There are no axle bearings. 

I think the brackets that described that you don't want are the front wheel brake brackets. 

Last edited by Lil' Hoss (7/22/2014 6:54 PM)

The amount of fun is directly proportionate to the damage done.

7/22/2014 8:09 PM  #5

You might want to look at a Cobra conversion for that rear end instead.  They are about 50 pounds lighter, they work great and you will get an emergency brake system that actually works.  See www.mustangsteve.com/cobrabrakes

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

7/23/2014 10:19 AM  #6

Thank you for the response Lil Hoss! I have sent you a PM. Let me know what you think.

Thanks Mustang Steve. I will check into that also.

7/23/2014 2:28 PM  #7

LanceM, I would seriously consider going the Mustang Steve Cobra Brake Calipre upgrade.

The brakes in the pictures look extremely close to the Lincoln Versaille brake nightmare. I spent a lot of time and effort trying to get the Versaille brakes rebuilt and installed. The brick wall I ran into was trying to adjust the brakes for the first time. The second and largest brick wall was going to be the E-Brake connections.

Save your sanity and do the upgrade. A little more money for a lot less pain.

7/23/2014 3:24 PM  #8

The 9-inch rear end with disc brakes was optionally available in the '75-'80 Granada and Monarchs. The disc brake rear end came as standard equipment on the '77-'80 Lincoln Versailles. The 9-inch disc brake rear end that was available in the Granadas/Monarchs is the exact same rear end that was used in the Versailles.

7/23/2014 4:54 PM  #9

Thank you for all your input. I will look at the options and decide the best route.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.