FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/16/2014 4:49 PM  #26

Re: Bought another toy yesterday...

Windsor's Wave

Shelby's Surf

8/16/2014 5:57 PM  #27

MustangSteve wrote:

boomyal, your boating scenery is sure nicer than the TX views.  Thanks for the minimal maintenance comment.  It probably has more to do with how you take care of it as to longevity.  This one has a fuel injected Chevy V8 and mercruiser outdrive.  I would think that would be pretty reliable.

That was Lake Shasta, MS.  It is in Northern California.  I am a full states distance north of it however our lakes have similar (if not more) greenery.  It is just not as hot, which is not good when you live under the clouds for 9 months out of the year.

I'd hate to see what Shasta looks like today.  They are in the big CA drought.

...and yes, taking care of a boat goes a long way.  Even little tinkering repairs can save a lot down the line.

8/16/2014 9:05 PM  #28

Don wrote:

MustangSteve wrote:

Trying to think of a boat name that has Mustang in it somehow.  Aggie Anchor is just too hard for some people to "get it".

RUDE66

STROKED66

BIRTHDAYBASH  

BRAKES

WISHITHADAFORDENGINE

FASTBACK

or MUSTANGSTEVE.COM

Hmmm...Maybe Bought With Brakes

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

8/17/2014 4:23 PM  #29

or 'braking' the bank

8/17/2014 6:52 PM  #30

Money Hole II
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

8/17/2014 7:01 PM  #31

How's th patina on that thing?

67 Coupe, 5.0 EEC IV Fuel injected. T5, 3:70 rear

8/18/2014 8:46 AM  #32

Ron68 wrote:

Michael H. wrote:

MustangSteve wrote:

...  This one has a fuel injected Chevy V8 ...

I am so disappointed...

Oh well, my Bayliner has a Chevy 305 with a Rochester Quadrajet carb and a Volvo outdrive. It also has a Chevy one wire alternator and a Prestolite distributor - with points.... I am looking at putting in a Pertronix ignition system in so I can say that I have "electronic ignition".

Don't take it personally... I'm just teasing.

8/18/2014 10:19 AM  #33

boomyal wrote:

I've owned the same boat since 1975.  Except for the freeze damaged motor and the subsequent theft of it's replacement, the cost of ownership has been minimal. Powered by Ford, of course!

I would have to agree, I bought my boat 4 years ago, It needed all new interior which was less than $1000, other than that, been trouble free! I bought it in the middle of the winter and got a screaming deal. With the purchase price, and the little money I have into it, the cost of me restoring this 65 covnert will far outweigh the cost of boat ownership, maybe 3 times more!
 Its powered by a Chevy 454, carb with electronic ignition. It does ok on gas as long as I stay out the the secondaries.... here is a picture of us a few weekends ago at out local Prineville resevoir, pull right up to the lk. and camp, pretty neat!

All men die, but not all men truly ever live.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.