FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/20/2014 12:23 PM  #1

Clutch replacement Ford Fusion

Need to replace the clutch in my daughters 2008 Ford Fusion

There is a BIG difference in price Exedy brand clutch kit and others. Especially when ordering on line. Can anyony one recomend a brand clutch or one to stay away from?

Also any thoughts doing this yourself. I do not have a garage lift and never did a front wheel drive car myself.

Thanks all, any and all ideas will be very much appricated.

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

8/20/2014 5:06 PM  #2

Re: Clutch replacement Ford Fusion

I don't think you can change the clutch with the engine in the car.  I don't know about the Fusion, but a lot of todays cars require the engine to be removed from the bottom of the car.  Without your own equipment, I think your best solution would be to have a mechanic do the work.

As to which clutch, why not go with the stock Ford clutch?  It was designed for the application.  I have no problem with an aftermarket clutch, but any stock replacement will probably have been made in China.

Original owner - 351w,T-5, 4whl disks, power R&P

8/20/2014 5:43 PM  #3

I recently helped with a 2000 Focus engine replacement with an auto trans. What a miniaturized pain in the rear.  Unless you have alot of extra time to spare and at least one extra pair of hands belonging to someone who knows how a car should go together, then have someone else do it. This engine went out the bottom with one person doing the job but went in through the top with two people working.  It will amaze you how they get all those small components to fit and work. 

'66 Fastback since July 27, 1981. Springtime Yellow, originally a 200 cu in, 4 speed. Also a '92 LX Coupe, 5.0, 5 speed.

8/20/2014 8:44 PM  #4

It will be a job to say the least, valeo clutches are pretty good. they supply many manufacturers including Ford, and Aston Martin.

Last edited by Rsmach1 (8/20/2014 8:46 PM)

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.