| ||
| Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for: FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events |
Offline
can anyone tell or show me where the radio is mounted up under the dash of a '65? My radio and dash speaker were missing when I bought the car. Thanks Jerry
Offline

There is a thin sheet metal support bracket, maybe 3/4" wide, that attaches to the rear of the radio and goes up to a mount above the radio (that is all I can see). With the radio removed I think you should be able to see the mounting point.
Offline
BobE wrote:
There is a thin sheet metal support bracket, maybe 3/4" wide, that attaches to the rear of the radio and goes up to a mount above the radio (that is all I can see). With the radio removed I think you should be able to see the mounting point.
I have the mounting point on the replacement radio, but I can't see any place to run a strap to under the dash. Thanks Jerry
Offline

A picture is worht a thousand words. The attachment for the strap is on the left side of the picture. Note that I have Custom Autosound radio and had to modify the bracket for fitment.
Offline
BobE wrote:
A picture is worht a thousand words. The attachment for the strap is on the left side of the picture. Note that I have Custom Autosound radio and had to modify the bracket for fitment.You're right! A picture is worth a thousand words. I see now. I was looking for something straight up for a mount. Thank you, thank you. Jerry
Offline

A small bracket going upward from the ashtray frame is about the simplest way to do it. I bought a Mustang once that had the rear bracket bolted to the wiper arm. Wondered why the radio moved when the wipers were on.
Offline

Glad to help, good luck.
| REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on. |