FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/12/2014 11:40 AM  #1

Quad gauge pack.

I never was happy with the trim on the 3 gauge pack I made for the dash of the 1963 Galaxie 500.   It just didnt look right.    So I took it apart and put it back to stock.  Last night I got the idea for this.  Why not make something similar to the homemade rally pack I made for the Mustang.   So I cut it apart and took the extra machined ring I had when I was making the other one and made this.    I also dont like the three gauge panel that hangs under the bottom,   When I was playing with this, three just didnt look "right" so I made it four.     

These are Sunpro retro line gauges.  They are full electric, not mechanical.  They do not make these anymore.  I started looking around for a 4th, and I happened to find a vacuum  on Amazon to fill that empty space.    Im going to paint this with crinkle paint.   It goes around the steering column and while its lower than I would like it to be, its better than a panel on the bottom.     

Last edited by Greg B (10/12/2014 11:41 AM)

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

10/12/2014 12:24 PM  #2

Re: Quad gauge pack.

This should give better reference to what I made.

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

10/12/2014 2:25 PM  #3

Isn't your knee going to slam into that every time you get in/out of the car?

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

10/12/2014 3:12 PM  #4

well, I was sitting in it when I took this picture.  It wasnt a problem at all without the steering wheel.  I guess I need to try getting in and out a few times with the steering wheel back in place and see if it makes a difference.   Galaxies have a lot more room than the Mustang does.  

If it is a problem, I may just pick my favorite 2 gauges.  Oil pressure and voltmeter, and run with those.

10/12/2014 4:45 PM  #5

From the pic it looks like the bottom 2 gauges would be hard to see.  jmho

66 Vert.  4.6 DOHC, 4R70 Auto, Heidt's M2 frontend

10/12/2014 9:54 PM  #6

How about putting your bodyworking skills to use and mold some onto the curved front of the dash?

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

10/13/2014 7:26 AM  #7

Can you do a mock up with two gauges per side, but all on the same plane as the column? Maybe use hot melt glue to hold together temporarily....

10/13/2014 11:44 AM  #8

I put the steering wheel on and it obsures the bottom two even more.   blah.    I thought about trying Darren's suggestion and trying 2 on each side.  Not sure I like that either.   I think I am just going to eliminate the bottom two and run with one on each side.    Dont really neeed a second water temp gauge or a vacuum gauge.    Actually dont really need any of them.   but   gauges are a man thing.

Last edited by Greg B (10/13/2014 11:47 AM)

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.