FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/19/2014 1:22 PM  #1

Homemade Power window upgrade

I saw this thread in a google search.  It could be applied to a lot of cars and trucks.  If memory serves correctly the 67 style window regulator is basically the same as what he modified.  http://mmb.maverick.to/threads/power-windows-slightly-different-method.88204/

10/19/2014 1:24 PM  #2

Re: Homemade Power window upgrade

And this is another one I found a while ago.  Pretty neat similar regulator to 65-66 mustang http://www.coloradoclassicbroncos.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4628

10/20/2014 9:25 AM  #3

Probably works fine on regulators after 65/66.  From my experience, the 65/66 regulators are very flimsy and you can feel them flex when you roll the window up real tight, and then they do not stay put.  I'm sure the motor would take some of that issue away, but you still have the flimsy regulators that bend easily.  IF you do it, weld some support to the sides of the regulator arms to stiffen them up.  On the old F-100's there was a Saturn window motor that fit darn near perfect on the original regulators.

I used the A-1 Electric kit on my fastback many years ago and it took out all the rattles and flimsiness of the original regulator because it has its own and it is very stiff compared to the original.  I bet if the original regulators were somehow stiffened so they could not twist or flex, you could make a set that works great from jukyard parts.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

10/20/2014 11:29 AM  #4

The motor in the Bronco thread looks a lot like the Bosch motors I used when I made a manual window regulator into a power regulator.   I got them out of 90's Dodge cars.   yeah I got it working.  yes, it tucked up nicely under the wing area, and there was plenty of room.   All I will say is in the end.......I have A-1 electric window regulators for my convertible.   

It just wasnt worth it....

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

10/21/2014 4:12 PM  #5

the motor on both upgrades is a 94 taurus motor from the rear.. if i remember correctly its the same motor used on the mustangs of the erra. 

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.