FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/14/2015 9:23 PM  #1

ID these rockers?

Got them with some other parts today, not sure what they are

8/14/2015 10:19 PM  #2

Re: ID these rockers?

Bay City Rollers?    They were a hot pop act in the 70's and 80's.   They had about 16 different members.  Looks like they are still together.  

Seriously, they look like a generic knockoff of Crower roller rockers.  

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

8/14/2015 10:32 PM  #3

Is that good or bad? I got them in a deal for AFR 185 heads....

8/15/2015 7:04 AM  #4

Are they Stud Mount or Pedestal Mount?

8/15/2015 8:48 AM  #5

They look like a copy of the stud mount Crowers I have on my 302.

8/15/2015 12:51 PM  #6

Try to measure the ratio. That might tell if they are for Ford or Cheby.  Bottom line is bolt them on and see if they fit. By fit I mean they mate up and roll across the center of the valve tip. Different length pushrods can also affect how they fit the valve tip.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

8/15/2015 5:21 PM  #7

They're stud mount, and they were mounted on the AFRs, weren't part of the original deal so they were removed. Then I wanted them included because they were supposedly Comp Cams. After I got to lookin at them I was suspicious. I'm weary of running cheap knock offs on such expensive heads.

8/15/2015 6:59 PM  #8

The porosity looks pretty poor to me.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

8/15/2015 7:18 PM  #9

Here is the closest looking things I have found.  Says they are SS.  But the pictures look like aluminum.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-SB-289-302-351-Windsor-1-60-Ratio-3-8-Stainless-S-Roller-Rocker-Arm-Set-/201234062583

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

8/15/2015 8:23 PM  #10

Yeah those are the exact nuts that came with them as well. So what's the verdict on these? Should I go with something else? I really don't want to damage the AFRs.

8/15/2015 9:42 PM  #11

IF you get them so they roller evenly across the valve stems.......don't see how they could damage the heads. Maybe I'm missing something!?!
Just cause they aren't *name-brands* don't mak'em junk!  Every big company started off as an unknown.

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

8/16/2015 7:54 AM  #12

Not sure of the manufacturuer, but these do not look like the ProComp steel rockers that I replaced.
Note that I replaced these based on advise that they are susceptible to breakage.

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.