FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/03/2014 10:38 PM  #26

Re: INFORMATION for 2015 MustangSteve BASH.

OK, I am counting 23 rooms needed if everyone stayed at the hotel.  They have 21 rooms and if we rent all of them will get the place to ourselves plus room rate discount.  There is a large indoor lobby, a big pool like we had at the first bash, and outdoor picnic tables along the banks of the scenic creek.

I got pics from them today and thios looks like a great place.  I am going down there to check it out in a week or so.  The only weekend they have open is Sept 12, 2015.  Sounds like a good date to me.

Will let you know more when I see it.

If you can come, and would stay at that hotel, PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL to commit informally to being there for that timeframe.  There are other motels nearby if we have more people than rooms.  Room rate $109 - $119 but will be discounted from that if we fill it up.

Please email ASAP if you think you can go so I have some bargaining power when I go visit on Dec 5.      steve@mustangsteve.com
Let me know if you will stay at the hotel for 1, 2, or 3 nights.

As of now, Dec 5, 16 of the 21 rooms have been claimed.  Don't wait too long!  I will research other hotels close by the main one also.

This will be a great bash !!!!!

Last edited by MustangSteve (12/05/2014 1:51 PM)

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

12/04/2014 9:10 AM  #27

Steve, I will most likely be there.  As for a room, I cannot commit.  If it's a short drive from Georgetown, I will not stay in a hotel. 
Sorry I did not respond to the PM, I just now saw I had one.
I'm available to help from this end if needed.  Let me know if I have a PM.
Thanks,
Pablo

12/04/2014 6:34 PM  #28

Just have a question, is it always going to be in the fall now instead of the summer like it use to be??

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

12/04/2014 6:54 PM  #29

Not necessarily, Daze.  If we have it in the south where it is 100+ degrees in the summer, we have it in the fall as a courtesy to all those "northerners" that might not be used to so much heat or might not have AC in their old Mustangs.

Once we get enough people hooked, I would not be against having a "cold weather bash" just as something different and challenging to do.

Of course, if we decide to head west in area where it is cooler, we can adjust the date accordingly.  We learn as we go.

12/04/2014 7:51 PM  #30

September in Texas is still Summer time.

12/05/2014 3:54 AM  #31

I will make another attempt to come !

If its worth doing do it right !

12/05/2014 8:14 AM  #32

I am in w/ steve also.  Checking with another friend that might be there.  Will call ASAP>

12/05/2014 10:21 AM  #33

Thanks for the info Steve.  Fall doesn't work for me so I was just wondering if doing it in the fall was set in stone or if future bashes would ever go back to being in the summer.  Good news for me is it sounds like future bashes in the summer are a possibility depending on location, so I will weight patiently until there is a cooler venue and make sure I attend.  

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

12/12/2014 10:29 PM  #34

I visited the venue in Wimberley today and I think it will make a good bash location. It is not a brand new hotel but they have a nice covered deck on the river banks with lots of ceiling fans and parking for the Mustangs right near it.
I told them to hold all 21 rooms for us for Thursday through Saturday nights, and I will post the booking info as soon as I get back home.

This bash will be a bit different than the others as we will all be staying at the same place where the bash will be held. I think it will provide a great opportunity for everyone to relax and hang out together. We have swimming pool, swimming hole in the river, fishing, tennis courts and even shuffleboard.
I'm not sure how food will be provided at the bash as caterers are scarce there and no one lives close by that could provide food. We will figure something out.  We have the facility to ourselves until 11:00 pm if wanted.
More info to come later.
Bash date is officially Sept 12, 2015 in Wimberley , TX

12/12/2014 11:20 PM  #35

Cool looking place. Anna and I are excited.

12/13/2014 8:27 PM  #36

I would be in. Seeing I missed last years, another drive down to Texas would be fun.

12/27/2014 3:16 PM  #37

flaming pony and wife plan to be there.

A bad day working on your mustang beats a good day at work anytime

8/19/2015 9:27 PM  #38

This is the first time for my wife and I. We are leaving from Cedar Hill, is there a group going together at the same time to caravan?

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

8/20/2015 7:54 AM  #39

HudginJ3 wrote:

This is the first time for my wife and I. We are leaving from Cedar Hill, is there a group going together at the same time to caravan?

Glad to hear you are going!  Will you be driving your classic Mustang?

The caravan from the Dallas area will be leaving on Thursday morning at 10:00 AM (Sept 10)  We will meet up at the Love's travel stop on Hwy 67 in Midlothian.  Our route will be to head to HWY 281 then towards Blanco.  Right before we get to Blanco, will head east to Wimberley.  This will provide a scenic leisurely drive as opposed to trying to go down I-35.

8/20/2015 9:07 PM  #40

I didn't realize you were leaving on Thursday. We will be coming on Friday. We plan on bringing our 70 Mustang convertable.

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

8/21/2015 7:52 AM  #41

I guess we will see you Friday then.  Be advised when planning your drive that there are some bridges washed out near Wimberley.  Hornman has a viable route planned out that goes through Dripping Springs.  The roads to the south from Blanco to the south end of Wimberley are washed out.

8/26/2015 8:10 PM  #42

HudginJ3 wrote:

I didn't realize you were leaving on Thursday. We will be coming on Friday. We plan on bringing our 70 Mustang convertable.

There are probably others that will be driving to Wimberley from Dallas area on Friday instead of the early group's Thursday trip.  I know Ramses is leaving Friday from Dallas.  Maybe you two can connect and caravan down together.  It would be great if you met everyone in Driftwood around lunchtime at the Salt Lick BBQ place.  Or in Wimberley as you choose.  You could probably cruise down I-35E with just a couple of cars to keep herded together.  Traffic would not be too bad in the morning.

Ramses' email is ramses@mustangsteve.com

8/27/2015 5:20 AM  #43

If coming down Hwy-281 do you have route that will get us there with no bridge closings,and or if doing the I-35 is there a route with no bridge closings. Should be  coming that way  sometime Thursday,might even be able to meet up with the group.

8/27/2015 6:13 AM  #44

Jim Bowie wrote:

If coming down Hwy-281 do you have route that will get us there with no bridge closings,and or if doing the I-35 is there a route with no bridge closings. Should be  coming that way  sometime Thursday,might even be able to meet up with the group.

On 281, take 290 east towards Austin then South on 12 to Wimberley.

No bridge issues on any routes from I-35.
Hwy 12 is best route. There is a sign on I-35 stating Wimberley to right.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.