FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/02/2013 12:16 PM  #1

anyone know what this rear disc brake conversion is and ? for mustang

hi anyone know what this rear disc brake conversion is,and ? for mustang steve will your 69 mustang custom cobra rear calipe parking brake cable work with this set up which is on a 69 mustang

4/04/2013 3:03 AM  #2

Re: anyone know what this rear disc brake conversion is and ? for mustang

anyone?

4/04/2013 7:27 AM  #3

Reminds me of my old Neon stuff when I used to race the Neon Cup. Might be a Chrysler application.

4/04/2013 10:31 AM  #4

Looks like an Explorer setup or possibly from a Mark VII... The cast caliper mounts have me leaning toward Explorer though.

4/04/2013 1:21 PM  #5

Must be the Explorer, The Lincoln set-up I have has vented rotors.

4/04/2013 3:53 PM  #6

thanks guys,i just need to figure out how to make the 69 musatng brakes cables work with this set up

4/04/2013 4:08 PM  #7

I now have e-brake cables for 67-70 Mustang designed specifically for COBRA brakes.  They hookup looks jut like that, except the cables have a round lug on the end where they attach.  Your caliper looks like it has as ingle hook which might require an end with a hole in it?  I am not familiar with that style end, unless the pics just aren't showing it clearly.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/04/2013 4:14 PM  #8

MustangSteve wrote:

I now have e-brake cables for 67-70 Mustang designed specifically for COBRA brakes.  They hookup looks jut like that, except the cables have a round lug on the end where they attach.  Your caliper looks like it has as ingle hook which might require an end with a hole in it?  I am not familiar with that style end, unless the pics just aren't showing it clearly.

its got some kind of hook on the caliper end,not sure how im going to work this out

4/04/2013 4:18 PM  #9

Ford Explorer.  I have the same.  You can use the explorer  e-brake ends with cable clamps or buy a set of Lokar cables.

66 coupe, Now a 11 year garage ornament.

4/04/2013 4:29 PM  #10

steve would thistype of clamp work with your 69 mustang cable set up?

4/04/2013 6:28 PM  #11

I don't see why that would not work...  That is the same cable end.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.