FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/08/2013 2:57 PM  #1

1966 mustang

Hello,
I found my mustang in august 2005. I was in NY to find my cousin and he help me to find and buy what now is my mustang. From august the car arrived in Italy in the Genova port only in December 2005 and i was able to drive the car only in September 2006. So long time is nothing thinking that this car ws in my mind until 1986 when i have seen the movie where Leone (Silvester Stallone) rebuilt a1965 mustang in the prison. The italian title is Sorvegliato Speciale.
So long time because due to write the car in the hystoric regisrer and wait the release to drve also from automobile public register. My first travel was from Milano to Ovada castle.pic.s will follow. During the waiting i have made myself several works on the car to put it on the street in total safety.
The engine,gear c4, rear drive, are still the components that were assembled in April 1966 in San Jose plant in California. The car didnt leave the California and i have found a car without rust.
Pic.s will follow.
Thank you everybody.
Marco

cars inside Castle

view from the tower

Last edited by Marco (7/09/2013 11:01 AM)

7/11/2013 7:43 AM  #2

Re: 1966 mustang

Nice. I'm sure your Mustang gets as many stares as that Ferrari. My wife and I want to go back to Italy, what we have seen is so pretty.

7/12/2013 12:57 PM  #3

Re: 1966 mustang

Thank you Hornman,
I confirm, because not so easy to find a mustang.
You are always welcome in Italy.
Also I hope to come back in USA.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.