FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/06/2016 12:11 AM  #1

12/06/2016 1:46 AM  #2

Re: Ultimate present for Mustang owner

As far as carburetion goes, this one... well, goes. =)

"Whatever you are, be a good one." - Abraham Lincoln

12/06/2016 3:29 PM  #3

Anybody got any first hand info on how well the CrossBow really does work?!! I know it would "look" killer under my hood,,and/or Christmas tree!
Reason for ax'en is...the Smokey Yunick  Dual Quad Crossram intake for SBC look really bad-a$$ butt even old Smokey couldn't make it perform.  Some of the top tuners for Chevezz  suggests epoxying pop cicle sticks(of all things) along the floor of the plenum to help re-direct the fuel flow somewhat!! Butt-wa-tever it looks bad-to-da-bone under a Cammere-roo hood!
Hope the Cross Bow  ain't lick that!?!! 
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

12/11/2016 3:36 PM  #4

My understanding was the cross-boss inline carb setup was pretty much same as the guts of four 1 barrel carbs in a row and never did perform very well.  Or, at least, not well enough to be competitive.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

12/11/2016 4:29 PM  #5

Not surprising.  Its an oddball setup, and most oddball setups never had the time invested to really figure out how to tune an engine to run right with them, and even then often they still didn't outperform a simple single quad.  My neighbor was a very competitive Pontiac racer back in the '50s and '60s and one of the best mechanics I've ever known.  Guys used to bring him GTOs with the 389 with trip dueces in an attempt to get them to run better.  Most of the time he would convince them to swap those three twos for a single quad and the car ran better both on the street and at the track.  He has those 3x2 setups stacked like cordwood in his barn to this day.

He's also an expert on the Rochester fuel injection used on the Corvettes, Bel Airs, and some Pontiacs.  Those are also tricky to get to run, and most guys had no idea how they worked, let alone how to modify them if they made a cam swap, etc.  He finds most problems today traced to mismatched parts cobbled together over the years because the average guy doesn't realize that there are year to year and model to model differences and though parts physically interchange they are often wrong in combination. 

12/11/2016 10:08 PM  #6

I've seen one installed on a car.  Someone in the Shelby club I was in had one and had it on a replica of sorts of a Trans-Am car.  He told me that he was talking with Jack Roush about it and Jack asked him if he got it to work and he told Jack that he did.  There you have it, hearsay from last century.  I did not see the car run.

Volvo!

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.