FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/17/2013 6:50 AM  #1


Some more progress on the fastback

In case you forgot...  Installing TKO in a 66 requires surgery on floors and tunnel.

Yesterday I got the driver floorpan welded in.  Last Friday, Don came over and helped me fit the JBA stainless exhaust h-pipe to the engine and drive tunnel.  I was hoping that spending tons of money on a 2-1/2" stainless exhaust from a company that says they have a perfect system would result in something that actually fit the car.  Well, I bet you know the answer to that one.  The h-pipe was built wrong and the passenger sie pipe was hard into the floor under the seat.  So I cut out the crossover pipe, bolted everything in place where it belonged and then rewelded a new crossover.  There is virtually no room left for a crossmember to fit around those big pipes, so the big TKO is going to require even MORE custom work to get it mounted. 

I will be using a 67-70 floor support crossmember beam (the one that goes over the top of the tranny) since it is thinner, but it will have to be sectioned and lengthened to reach over the top of the tranny, IF I can even get it in there due to the pipe routing.  I guarantee if the stock crossmember beam was in there, there is no way those pipes would fit this car.  I knew this would be all custom fab work, and I wanted to have the pipes in place to build the crossmember around.  I figure a custom crossmember is neater and easier than rerouting or butchering the pipes.

Tubo, your 331 is looking better all the time, my friend...


Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.
 

7/17/2013 9:35 PM  #2


Re: Some more progress on the fastback

MS yours would be a Big Bore 347, bout as Spankin as a 5.0 gets. Migh'ta could still used that T-5+
Next Ya gonna have a McPheeStrut front end?? Lighter, less stress in the monocoque. Better F&R ballance. Make a Gen-U-wine Mailbox Killer. As if what Ya have now don't qualify. I would like to see Don Sellers drive it, just to know how fast it truely be.

Tubo
Don you coming back for CTC or BDB IX?? Or just stay in kuala lumpur Hard Rock fer the season??
 


If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet
 

Board footera


REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.