| ||
| Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for: FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events |
Offline
Is there a way hide the pertronix wire? Is there a keyed source under the hood? Everything on my '65 is stock including a new stock harness. Oh I have a factory rally pac. I don't want to run an extra wire if I don't have to....
Thanks!
Offline
I've been running my Pertronix II off the positive side of the coil with the resistance wire still in place for nearly 10 years now and haven't had the slightest problem out of it... in spite of all the people who claim you absolutely MUST run a separate 12v wire. I am also running the Pertronix blaster II coil with it... not sure if that matters.
Offline

Use the + side of the coil existing wire, but go under the dash and run a copper wire connected to both ends of the resistance wire (or the copper it is attached to). That will basically eliminate the resistance wire from the equation, but still leave it in place if you ever decide you "really liked those points better".
| REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on. |