FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/03/2013 4:59 PM  #1

67 mustang windshield washer bag location

Hey guys,

I am restoring  a 67 mustang 390 gta coupe ....early car...where does the washer bag
Mount? Were the brackets all welded or some screwed on?

8/04/2013 12:22 PM  #2

Re: 67 mustang windshield washer bag location

Wow, it has been years since I had my 67, but it was mounted fairly high up on the drivers side inner fender apron, just in front of the shock tower.  I don't remember ever examining the hanger closely, but I thought mine was actually welded into the car, not bolted on.

Hope this helps.

8/04/2013 9:13 PM  #3

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

8/13/2013 3:35 PM  #4

my68 brackets are screwed on

8/13/2013 5:03 PM  #5

66 was screwed to the upper forward left inner fender also.

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

8/13/2013 5:40 PM  #6

The 67 had a water bag and the 68 had a blow molded container. If you are doing a concourse restoration you better get someone to send you a template for the exact location.
Unfortunately the mounting holes on my 68 have been welded up to clean up the engine bay so I'm no help.
Try a web site like vintage mustang forums where there is more concours posters.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

8/14/2013 2:04 PM  #7

On my '67 the washer bag bracket is mounted 1 3/4" below the top of the apron on the front end.  It is mounted parallel to the raised part it is mounted on, making the rear end of it 1 7/8" below the top of the apron.  This is measuring straight down, not following the contour of the apron.  The front end of the bracket is 9 3/8" back from the radiator support.  The bracket is spot welded on.  This is an original apron and bracket.  Hope this helps and that my description isn't to confusing.

8/14/2013 3:40 PM  #8

My coupe is a late '67 model and it has the molded plastic container.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.