FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/16/2017 4:10 PM  #1

New progress on the beast.

Been working on the suspension and brakes, lots of grinding to make the GT front brakes fit the Foose 17x8 wheels in front but it is getting there. No problems in the rear with the 17x9's

9/16/2017 4:22 PM  #2

Re: New progress on the beast.

MS booster fits snugly in it's home.

9/18/2017 5:19 PM  #3

Looking good. Ya can't beat progress. Is that a new door or did you recondition it? I'm thinking about reprinting my car mostly because my drivers door is just about shot. I've heard the repos aren't that great.

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

9/18/2017 6:27 PM  #4

Thanks Billy. The fenders and doors are repops, the fender to door gap is good but the door to quarter is going to need some work, it's 3/8" at top 0" center and 3/16" bottom.

9/19/2017 2:23 PM  #5

looking good

65 coupe, 351w, c4, power disk brakes, power r&p, vintage air.

9/19/2017 8:56 PM  #6

I am guessing that since I went wide 17x8 in front that it was an issue for fitment with the wheels I chose, but some time and a belt sander gave me the clearance I needed. Time to repaint and lesson learned. FIT FIRST then finish.

10/01/2017 6:16 PM  #7

It may not look like I have done much from the last post but I have since then modified both front calipers to fit my wheels and done some media blasting on other parts, sorted through boxes of parts deciding what to toss out, and just a general clean-up of the garage. I had also found Headlight assembly's on Ebay and ordered them just to get another bad part but they are taking care of it and sending a replacement.

10/10/2017 12:45 AM  #8

Nice, I love your project. Keep up the good work. 

10/16/2017 9:33 PM  #9

jgmartin wrote:

Nice, I love your project. Keep up the good work. 

​Thanks jgmartin it is planned to go to work this weekend so I can media blast the areas that need attention and to spray the underside...... It is supposed to rain Saturday but I am hoping to get the blasting done and try to seal the beast up before I put it back in the garage. 

10/20/2017 9:24 PM  #10

Sanding, scuffing, and degreasing. The beast is at work and trying to finish the underside.

10/22/2017 2:22 PM  #11

10/22/2017 2:23 PM  #12

That damn run on the RH axle tube is driving me nuts!

4/30/2018 5:53 PM  #13

That's not a run, it's a racing stripe.

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

5/03/2018 8:00 PM  #14

HudginJ3 wrote:

That's not a run, it's a racing stripe.

I am going to leave it there and tell everyone that notices it that they are tears of joy. 

5/03/2018 8:06 PM  #15

Coming along nicely.

5/15/2018 8:40 PM  #16

5/23/2018 8:53 PM  #17

MDL hydraulic clutch master in the works. 

6/03/2018 8:08 PM  #18

​Found a spot for the new fuse block, the glove box was pretty much useless anyway.

6/04/2018 10:41 PM  #19

It's looking good.

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

6/07/2018 8:31 PM  #20

Thanks John!

6/17/2018 7:35 PM  #21

My DUAL SYNC Distributor finally showed up after a multi month backorder. I think that Holley had to manufacture it because I could not find a single vendor that had it in stock.

6/22/2018 10:06 PM  #22

All progress has been into the negative...It is coming apart to plumb brake lines and the rest of the fuel system then some paint in the engine bay.

6/23/2018 10:18 PM  #23

Engine out brake lines in.

7/12/2018 3:18 PM  #24

Really nice work!  I am embarrassed to say I'm 18 years into mine!

7/31/2019 8:53 PM  #25

Back at it! The Mustang has not changed in the last year or so since my last post, been dealing with my brothers suicide. Not sure what to share other than if anyone close to you ever mentions the thought of taking their own life please take them seriously and listen to their problems and try to help them.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.