FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/17/2018 10:05 PM  #26

Re: Bash XV is now in the history books

rpm wrote:

RV6 wrote:

jerryF wrote:

Great pictures. We need more   
This was definitely a great bash this year.  We left at 5:45am and made it home in 11.5 hours. Traffic was actually not too bad.

Chevy,
I am so glad to hear you made it home safe and sound. Did the toe correction help?

I do believe we have a new nickname in the making!

The toe correction made all the difference on the trip back.   No problems at 80+
jeeze.. I wear a clean U.S.A. t-shirt and now I gotta change my handle.   That's ok.. I'll answer to anything

-- Chevy

jerry

9/19/2018 12:00 AM  #27

jerryF wrote:

I wear a clean U.S.A. t-shirt and now I gotta change my handle.   That's ok.. I'll answer to anything

-- Chevy

Knock it off Jerry, that "C" word shall never be spoken here again. Sorry I brought it up. Or did RV6 do that?

I gotta admit, I'm a bit PO'd at Mochaman. After being introduced to his superb third world blend of cafe' on Saturday, I don't know how many more pots of Folgers I can brew. I'm ruined as far as drinking coffee now. It reminds me of when I smoked my first real cigar, no more cheap crap now. And forthwith I will refer to you as Mochaman like the others rightly do, and leave Machoman behind, deep in the grounds of your French press.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

9/22/2018 9:59 AM  #28

I like seeing the evolution the cars go through. The new builds like Steve B and John D have all the latest stuff like LED lights and shinier paint, killer stereos and other electronic stuff.  Those of us driving 20+ year old builds still struggle to have functional windshield wipers!  Plus, when was the last time you saw a 64 Comet?  I just wish I had more time to visit with each person. Time flies when you are having fun!

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

9/22/2018 5:30 PM  #29

Couldn't agree more Steve. Didn't think I'd have as good a time as last year without my 69, but I did. Speaking of said 69 and in full disclosed mode, apparently the only reason the Mustang didn't make the trip was the new AOD was a couple of quarts short of fluid. DOH! Bad fluid capacity info online, and a false full reading on the dip stick made me think the trans was malfunctioning.  Good thing I don't try to make a living turning wrenches. Oh well, next year baby.

9/22/2018 5:43 PM  #30

Don't feel too bad Bob .... I made the same mistake with my AODE.

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

9/22/2018 6:04 PM  #31

The paint may be shinier, but there was a new wiper motor in the trunk cause mine just stopped on a Tuesday night test drive before we left. 

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

9/25/2018 4:49 PM  #32

rpm wrote:

Couldn't agree more Steve. Didn't think I'd have as good a time as last year without my 69, but I did. Speaking of said 69 and in full disclosed mode, apparently the only reason the Mustang didn't make the trip was the new AOD was a couple of quarts short of fluid. DOH! Bad fluid capacity info online, and a false full reading on the dip stick made me think the trans was malfunctioning. Good thing I don't try to make a living turning wrenches. Oh well, next year baby.

That is great news! Your tranny works. In your defense you were burning the candle from both ends trying to get ready for the bash. Stuff happens, you'll be in Michigan next year!

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

9/26/2018 6:41 PM  #33

I WISH I COULDA MADE IT THIS YEAR.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

9/26/2018 8:08 PM  #34

Thanks Gary. Ya, I was as surprised as anyone that it worked correctly, didn't leak, and that I had no leftover parts  . I took a 250 mile trip up to Fresno and back to visit my brother Sunday, and the new bottom end of the motor and the tranny didn't fail. Cruising at 80 it was turning 2k rpm with the 3.25's in it. I've got a set of 3.50 & 4.11's, but so far I believe I'll leave in the 3.25's. Did you hear that Gaba?

9/27/2018 4:37 PM  #35

rpm wrote:

Thanks Gary. Ya, I was as surprised as anyone that it worked correctly, didn't leak, and that I had no leftover parts . I took a 250 mile trip up to Fresno and back to visit my brother Sunday, and the new bottom end of the motor and the tranny didn't fail. Cruising at 80 it was turning 2k rpm with the 3.25's in it. I've got a set of 3.50 & 4.11's, but so far I believe I'll leave in the 3.25's. Did you hear that Gaba?

80 at 2K? Me thinks you need to look into different speedo gears. Bhahahaha.

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

9/27/2018 5:15 PM  #36

I don't understand. No leftovers and it works?

9/27/2018 5:57 PM  #37

Steve-G wrote:

I don't understand. No leftovers and it works?

Ya Steve, go figure. I apparently got the math in the clutch pack clearances correct too. If you guys knew me better, it's the no leftover parts thing that's truly amazing.

9/27/2018 9:28 PM  #38

Glad you got it going Bob.

9/28/2018 6:45 PM  #39

Thanks John. But the important car that got going was yours. Heck, I'd already seen my car, it was yours I'd been wanting to see.

9/28/2018 7:41 PM  #40

rpm wrote:

the important car that got going was yours. Heck, I'd already seen my car, it was yours I'd been wanting to see.

It really turned out nice. Good job. Let the fun begin!
Bolted to the Floor doing a little tuch up to it before the bash.

Last edited by HudginJ3 (10/01/2018 4:54 PM)

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

9/28/2018 9:04 PM  #41

John's car convinced me to go back to lime gold on mine.
When his heater hose blew at the top of a second gear pull, I remembered what big blocks are known for ... Gobs of torque .... revs were up there too!!
Ya did well mate.

9/28/2018 10:28 PM  #42

HudginJ3 wrote:

Was also doing a little spying!

We like to call it surveillance. Spying and stalking sound bad.

9/28/2018 10:52 PM  #43

We're back in LA after spending some time in the Sierras. Fly back to Oz on Sunday.
Huge thanks to Steve and Deborah for a fantastic event. I'm never gunna get over your shop.
For anyone thinking bout getting to a Bash .... Just do it!!

9/30/2018 7:05 PM  #44

I thoroughly enjoyed the Bash and hanging out with everyone.  Steve and Deborah Gray did an outstanding job of hosting.

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

9/30/2018 7:28 PM  #45

50vert wrote:

Huge thanks to Steve and Deborah for a fantastic event. I'm never gunna get over your shop. For anyone thinking bout getting to a Bash .... Just do it!!

Ditto all that Barry!

9/30/2018 9:19 PM  #46

Bob, All the cars are important, just glad I could get mine there.

Doug, my first thought with that picture was look at those bird legs on that dude, then I realized it was me!! Is this where I'm supposed to feel violated!!  (read warped humor here)

The fun has definitely began. Miles of smiles ahead of us. Surveillance is probable a better word.

Barry, I'm glad you'll go back to the lime green on yours. I've always liked it and it took some convincing to get Sheryl to go along. Thanks for helping me get the hose back together and topping off the radiator. The spring clamps have been replaced with worm clamps. Glad to see y'all are making it safely back home.

Edit for clarity

Last edited by Bolted to Floor (10/01/2018 6:58 PM)

10/01/2018 5:10 PM  #47

rpm wrote:

HudginJ3 wrote:

Doug, my first thought with that picture was look at those bird legs on that dude, then I realized it was me!! Is this where I'm supposed to feel violated!! The fun has definitely began. Miles of smiles ahead of us. Surveillance is probable a better word.

I apologize for offending anyone in that post, that was not my intent at all. I wanted to share the well deserved pride seen in a beautiful job well done after a lot of good work. I hope you have many years of joy in that car as I, my wife, and others have had with ours. Thank you for sharing it with us.

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

10/01/2018 6:55 PM  #48

HudginJ3 wrote:

rpm wrote:

HudginJ3 wrote:

Doug, my first thought with that picture was look at those bird legs on that dude, then I realized it was me!! Is this where I'm supposed to feel violated!! The fun has definitely began. Miles of smiles ahead of us. Surveillance is probable a better word.

I apologize for offending anyone in that post, that was not my intent at all. I wanted to share the well deserved pride seen in a beautiful job well done after a lot of good work. I hope you have many years of joy in that car as I, my wife, and others have had with ours. Thank you for sharing it with us.

NO APOLOGIES NECCESSARY, I can't make the font any bigger. No offense taken, there should have been a smiley face after violated  . My attempt at humor didn't work very well and I'm sorry for that. Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Last edited by Bolted to Floor (10/01/2018 7:01 PM)

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.