FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/17/2013 10:20 AM  #1

Fore those of you who like to make your own tools

have you seen this web site

http://www.homemadetools.net/

There is a lot of cool stuff there.  I have only spent a few minutes but I am sure I will be spending hours looking over some of the cool tools people have made.

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

5/17/2013 11:40 AM  #2

Re: Fore those of you who like to make your own tools

Scanning that website quickly, some of those projects make my heart thump.  I am sure there are some projects that are reasonable to accomplish but some of them would take so much time to find and gather up the components, not to mention the fabrication time, that you should have just gone out and bought one.

Last edited by boomyal (5/17/2013 11:40 AM)

5/17/2013 1:52 PM  #3

I like making tools, maybe cause I used to be a tool and die maker, right now I'm working on a special wrench to get at the door hinge bolts without taking off the front fenders.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

5/17/2013 2:25 PM  #4

How 'bout plans for making a rotisserie?  Free plans, that is.
http://redwingsteelworksplans.com
The same site has free plans for a 6X10 2 wheel trailer.
And, there are a bunch of welding videos you can watch for free.
Ya just go to the site and copy the plans.  They look pretty complete, including a materials cut list.
Good Luck.

2/20/2019 10:44 PM  #5

Hey guys - we have a new free ebook out. Don't click if you hate homemade car tools: 101 Best Homemade Automotive Tools

2/21/2019 1:05 AM  #6

Rudi wrote:

I like making tools, maybe cause I used to be a tool and die maker, right now I'm working on a special wrench to get at the door hinge bolts without taking off the front fenders.

Impressive Rudi. Can't wait to meet y'all in Michigan.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

2/21/2019 7:07 AM  #7

Rudi wrote:

Put me on the Buyer list, Rudi.  I was just looking at that particular problem yesterday. 

I just built a ratcheting wrench to tighten the UCA bolts.  It also allows use of a torque wrench.

Bob

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

2/21/2019 8:05 AM  #8

Good source! I sometimes have a need and end up buying a low cost something that is close to what I need and just modify it. Saves a lot of time and is usually cheaper than materials to make from scratch.

2/21/2019 10:11 AM  #9

homemadetools wrote:

Hey guys - we have a new free ebook out. Don't click if you hate homemade car tools: 101 Best Homemade Automotive Tools
Is this an ad, or is it valid?  The first post is an ad for something.  The subject is ok though.

Original owner - 351w,T-5, 4whl disks, power R&P

2/21/2019 6:44 PM  #10

So the regular S-wrenches don't work for you folks?  That's what I use.

Bullet Bob wrote:

Rudi wrote:

Put me on the Buyer list, Rudi.  I was just looking at that particular problem yesterday. 

I just built a ratcheting wrench to tighten the UCA bolts.  It also allows use of a torque wrench.

Bob

Cheap, Fast, Good:  Pick Any Two

2/22/2019 12:16 PM  #11

Thanks guys, I hope to make the bash this year with two new knees. The right knee was done 5 weeks ago and the left one  is scheduled for the middle of this coming May.
 I hope the left one is good enough to travel in time for the bash. Maybe I can talk Lin into doing the driving, she has piloted the 68 for many miles and is more than comfortable  driving it.

Here is a link to original post of the door bolt wrench back in 2013.
http://fyi.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=3152#p3152

Last edited by Rudi (2/22/2019 12:23 PM)

2/22/2019 1:22 PM  #12

Looks like they are using a service that scans forums looking for a mention of their name. It'd be nice if they dropped in and introduced themselves before spamming us with an advertisement.

2/22/2019 1:34 PM  #13

Raymond_B wrote:

Looks like they are using a service that scans forums looking for a mention of their name. It'd be nice if they dropped in and introduced themselves before spamming us with an advertisement.

Its a quality service.  Only took them 6 years to find the original post I made.

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

2/22/2019 1:41 PM  #14

Daze wrote:

Raymond_B wrote:

Its a quality service.  Only took them 6 years to find the original post I made.

Haha that made me laugh!

2/22/2019 5:35 PM  #15

Bullet Bob wrote:

Rudi wrote:

Bob

Pictures please.....

Gary

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

2/22/2019 5:39 PM  #16

RV6 wrote:

Bullet Bob wrote:

Rudi wrote:

Bob

Pictures please.....

Gary

See post #11 in this thread for the link.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.