FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/24/2018 9:41 PM  #26

Re: my fastback 66 starting resto

Alessandro, that's one fine looking car.  Great job!

Owner of MustangSteve - 1967 Mustang Coupe 302, 2005 Mustang GT

2/26/2018 12:13 PM  #27

Hi All , Finally it's time to ride and have some feedback from the new born little pony !
i refurbished the old carburator before make some miles because holley gime me some issue .
The old works so in these days i am burning a lot of gas , trying brakes , suspension , engine and all the rear axle .( there was a long story and post ).
So the engine runs good and is noticeable that some horse has gain , also if still have some carb issue, runs fine when is warm .( yeah maybe 3 / 5 hp )
Brake disc / drum  only manual master cyl , I think all new parts needs some brake in  to be perfect ,
is going better every times , but still a long brake time . Need to push hard to block rear . Car goes straight on hard brake . 
The new front suspension and skocks works great without arning drop . the feelings is really what i was looking , firm without any sacrifice from comfort daily , Maybe also some more pounds in the springs was accettable. Mine now are 520.
The good front end  make easy to put the accents on rear . Is winding a lot but with old leaf springs i cant do any better . Shocks in rear are little soft for my will but for now its ok ,
The rear axle and t 5 trans are the most surprise of all because it was a shot in the dark .
the 5 speed is good but the rear gear ratio is not the best for my driving . too short  ,3.89
i need a longer settings to make the 5 th gear usable on highway .  
First gear is more or less serve to nothing because already need second and third .
from stoplight i can easy start from  3 gear using a little the clutch .Maybe next winter i will go for 3.55 or less.
The shifter that comes with the trans is not so good ,,, is soft and i would like that stay more still .
The hurst lever that i choose is too much on the left side so first and second gear and legs always hit..
The limited slip diff is working great , despite of all troubles pass , it offers a great grip , no whistle no problem for now .
The ac kit from vintage air is working good but now i am using hot air , the flow is enough but noisy at full.
The belt are squeaking at starts , by now i dont know which . For sure this v belt will give me some issue in future . 
I need to solve the valve cover breather problems that smell a lot .
Maybe i have some leaks or filter carb/ odor  or vacum inside the car , is noticeable .
It's incredible ... my car is finish . I cant believe now it's time to live this car reborn in 2018 
Without fyi board mustang steve  and all special people meets here this beauty flys again !
i would like to mercy all one by one  because i have learn something from each . 
There is always something to fix ... so this is not a goodbye !
Now there is a crazy stang around italy  He he he he !!!!
Alex !!! italy 
No picture until last touch at paint shop !   
ciao !

3/07/2018 9:33 AM  #28

It sounds like you are very happy with the car! Driving and working out the details is the most fun part of restoring/ modifying these old cars. I've got a 66 coupe 289 T5. I have a 3:55 rear gear in it and I love it. I put and Edelbrock 600 carb on it and it was perfect fight out of the box. I'm sure you're car is a stand out in Italy. Have fun and keep us posted on any changes you might make.

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

2/09/2019 3:12 AM  #29

This was my winterjob : hood scoop from junkyard find .  , early i do the rims !now i think is really a nice gentlemen car !

2/09/2019 10:00 PM  #30

Molto bene. 

3/31/2019 1:43 AM  #31

[img][IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/e83ck6.jpg[/img][/img][url][/url]

Last edited by Alessandro (3/31/2019 2:25 AM)

3/31/2019 2:41 AM  #32

this is roots pass on my countryside mountain , and pilgrim chapel of century ago.  Maybe my stang have seen the light ...? 
on way back home a deer cut my road and slips on the asphalt in front of me ..... and my mind was previewing broken grill and fender , a cracked windshield ... 
Thanks God and brake car is safe and deer is alive  . 
Despite of hard brake and blocked wheels my stang hold the line and all has a  good  end !!!

3/31/2019 10:05 AM  #33

Just saw this thread Alessandro.....WOW...you really have done a fine job here & darn quickly too!

Gotta love those A/C vents in the center dash...wish I had them instead of the radio that I don't need. Hat's off to ya....I don't have the patience to do any major work on my cars anymore, which is why I got mine done....I'm OK w/ refinements, but not the extensive work your done. Looking Good!

3/31/2019 12:19 PM  #34

Good Look'n wrote:

Just saw this thread Alessandro.....WOW...you really have done a fine job here & darn quickly too!

Gotta love those A/C vents in the center dash...wish I had them instead of the radio that I don't need. Hat's off to ya....I don't have the patience to do any major work on my cars anymore, which is why I got mine done....I'm OK w/ refinements, but not the extensive work your done. Looking Good!

Thanks good look'n  ! i appreciate that you like my job , and vents are my top notch !  The original vents suggested by vintage air dont satisfied me much so i take my way . these are the only two can see , the others are working but hidden.  Put ac was a breeze with detailed papers also a kid can do the job !  the vents on the radio spot was a little challenge but noting really so difficult . need only no engine and seats to work right !  and also be a contorsionist !.  Btw is never really finished  ! next step will be headers , carb and intake .
That's all for now ! 
Bye good look'n  !

3/31/2019 8:50 PM  #35

Alessandro

I didn't think those looked stock...great idea & job installing them. They look very professional.
Since I don't need my radio, when I get to installing A/C, I may think about those. Trouble is that everything is still in place w/ my car so access under the dash might be a major prob for me.

4/23/2019 9:58 AM  #36

I like these neighbours prankster !  Fits like a silk glove  , zbar , t5  p s  and clutch fork  with no issue at all ! . very good choice hedman headers 88306 

Last edited by Alessandro (4/23/2019 10:01 AM)

5/16/2019 12:07 PM  #37

the end also for this job  !  Sound is different and not that i like that much . Seems there is some leaking shaffle , some whistle  coming from heads , but there is no smoke trace .  Car is running much better and smog odor is desappear !   Clearence under long tubes is very minimal but also with speed limit bump i had no problem . I woulnd't bet on that ! 

5/25/2019 1:44 AM  #38

solved also shaffle sound comes from header gasket , changed with new one . But bolt tends to unscrew , and re-tight again . Will see whats happen . Sound changed , less flowness , much defined sporty one ! 

5/25/2019 8:11 PM  #39

Great job Alessandro. Belissimo. 

12/07/2019 2:35 AM  #40

hei what's happen to pics ???

10/21/2022 2:57 PM  #41

HI friends it's been honor & privilege being in a world wide mustang family for these last years . 
Sad to say but my 66 has another lucky owner . 
i want to salute and cheers anyone of you guys , great source of info and tips about mustang . 
A great help , sure ! i will be thankful forever for all the time and suggestion give to me , now i know what sounds like have a piece of history .   Especially with fastback shape .
Thanks friends : Mustang Steve , TKO, Bullebob , Billy C , josh-kebob , billy walton , rudi , 50vert , Bearin bob ...
CIAO FROM ITALY   
CIAO FROM 

10/26/2022 2:21 PM  #42

Sorry to learn your mustang has a new stable.....you sure seemed to enjoy it though. Stay in touch with this forum in the future. Best wishes to you....

10/26/2022 7:36 PM  #43

Has the hunt for the next one begun yet?

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

10/29/2022 9:41 AM  #44

MS wrote:

Has the hunt for the next one begun yet?

Hello Steve , well for now i think i stay calm and relaxed and see what happen . The market still got a lot of request for fastbacks and prices are always going up . . By now i have dad's mercedes 1963 to keep on running . But as survivor there's not a lot to do except cleaning . still untouched since 63 .  Bye for now ! 

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.