FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/07/2013 9:41 PM  #101

Re: Well what do you guys think of the new forum???

my third posting. Now at least I can answer another posting or post a picture. Still like the old site much better, but as Red Green says in The Man's Oath "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess".

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

4/08/2013 10:45 AM  #102

Well, I have now had the chance to "explore" the new site and I got to tell you I like it. Nice job fellah's. I have some pictures I'd like to share of the car in the body shop however I think I need to post a few times before I can upload them.
I guess one question I have is why do we have to wait to post a picture until a pre-determined amount of post times?
Thanks

4/08/2013 10:46 AM  #103

I still like the new site. Post #2. Thanks

4/08/2013 10:47 AM  #104

I still like the new site, Post # 3. I'll try and post some pictures now. Thanks

4/08/2013 12:16 PM  #105

Change is always hard, but we'll get over it. However the small moving pictures on the side are very annoying in my opinion.

4/08/2013 2:08 PM  #106

Jim Bowie wrote:

Change is always hard, but we'll get over it. However the small moving pictures on the side are very annoying in my opinion.

You can turn off every ones avatars for your viewing.  In other words when you log in from your account no avairtars will apear.

Start by clicking My Profile in the main menu.

This will take you to a main page where you can change your password, email address and or time zone.  There will also be more options in the menu to the left.

by clicking on "Viewing options" you are taken to a page that has a list of items such as avartars and signatures with check boxes next to them. unclick the things you don't want to see.

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

4/08/2013 2:28 PM  #107

Daze, you are trying to make me change my mind about the new format. Now that you have disabled Quick Reply, I have to tap (on my iPad) the Reply message field 25 or 30 times to get a cursor. It works fine on my desktop machine. If the format is not fully functional on the iPad, I may look at the forum once a week when I use the desktop to pay bills. Or, more likely, I may revert to lurker since reading posts works fine on the iPad.

4/08/2013 2:40 PM  #108

I completely understand your frustation I have the same problem with my iPhone (on this forum and the two forums I own), however for me it happened on both the quick reply box and the post reply box.  There is an east fix however, click on any of the buttons at the top of the box such as B I or U and the cursor will appear then unclick the button unless you want your post in Bold, italic, or underlined.  

Any of the buttons will cause the cursor to appear.  Let me know if that helps. 

As to the removal of the "quick post box", Steve and I discussed it and it was decided that it was creating some confusion because it didn't have all the features.  

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

4/08/2013 3:24 PM  #109

Hornman wrote:

Daze, you are trying to make me change my mind about the new format. Now that you have disabled Quick Reply, I have to tap (on my iPad) the Reply message field 25 or 30 times to get a cursor. It works fine on my desktop machine. If the format is not fully functional on the iPad, I may look at the forum once a week when I use the desktop to pay bills. Or, more likely, I may revert to lurker since reading posts works fine on the iPad.

OR, try just clicking on the QUOTE link at the bottom right.  That brings up a copy of the post you are going to reply to, and might make more sense when the answer is read if they can also see what you are commenting on..

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/08/2013 5:50 PM  #110

This is bizarre. I tapped the "bold" icon and got a cursor, but it wouldn't take typing. Then I hit "upload image" and a cursor appeared and it took typing. I think we are proving the old cliche " to really screw up something requires a computer".

4/08/2013 5:53 PM  #111

MustangSteve wrote:

Hornman wrote:

OR, try just clicking on the QUOTE link at the bottom right.  That brings up a copy of the post you are going to reply to, and might make more sense when the answer is read if they can also see what you are commenting on..

Good idea Steve. That will clarify the intent of the post

4/08/2013 7:15 PM  #112

I like it.I tried to post pics of my car but cannot until i gte my post count up if i understand it correctly

4/08/2013 7:54 PM  #113

When typing a responce on a tablet the dialog box is not  visible.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

4/08/2013 7:57 PM  #114

Rudi wrote:

When typing a responce on a tablet the dialog box is not  visible.

you need to hit "post reply" or "quote"  the quick reply has been removed.

4/08/2013 10:43 PM  #115

Jim Bowie wrote:

And after all the trouble I went to resurecting my custom avitar, Humph.

Might be less of an issue from me, cos I found out tonight, the new form is filtered out at work.
Can't view it much less post, so my time on the forum will be severely cut.
Unless j-kb can remedy it.

Corky

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

4/09/2013 1:49 AM  #116

I like it, anything that excersizes my brain can't be bad. Post # 1

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

4/09/2013 10:33 AM  #117

Well, I have to say that it's not as easy for me to deal with as the old one butt (TS&T) I'm learning to live with it.

Sort of like my left knee.  It used to work just fine and I liked it.  Now Arthur has dun set in and it's not nearly as convenient or easy to deal with as it ustawas.  But...I'm learning to live with it.

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

4/09/2013 5:19 PM  #118

50vert wrote:

I like it, anything that excersizes my brain can't be bad. Post # 1

Giday Barry.  Good to see your name.  Hope all is well and you're not working too hard.

Jean says HI.  Our best to Leonie  and the kids too.  See ya in Sept., I hope.

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

4/10/2013 3:21 PM  #119

Ok, posting once...

jerry

4/10/2013 3:26 PM  #120

Posting twice.. Now I should be able to post links up on the Annual Bash page.

BTW... At least this new forum format is still pretty fast.  Most other forums are downloading all kinds of advertising crap with every click.

jerry

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.