FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/14/2019 8:07 PM  #26

Re: 65 with 1" drop needs Alinment

Does it matter that Dazecars recomends setting Caster then setting Camber, and everyone else says to do Camber first?. Im going back in to install new isulators and wonder?

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

7/14/2019 8:34 PM  #27

I always advise setting caster then camber.  No other way to do it without chasing your tail.

The KYB shocks won't effect your ride height.  They are actually the shocks I run.  The regain the lost height a taller spring isolator or new springs are the only options. 

7/18/2019 3:45 PM  #28

I rolled the lips some more and added Gas a just. No more rub.

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

7/18/2019 6:13 PM  #29

TKOPerformance wrote:

The KYB shocks won't effect your ride height.  They are actually the shocks I run.  The regain the lost height a taller spring isolator or new springs are the only options. 

Or move the spring perch 1"

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

7/18/2019 8:09 PM  #30

A home alignment is fairly straightforward and the necessary tools are easy to make.  Se my tips post on it: https://fyi.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=8557.

Cheap, Fast, Good:  Pick Any Two

7/19/2019 3:55 PM  #31

New update
Decided to check and re Aline the front just to be sure and here is where we are without adding the 3/8 insulators on top. New KYB shocks and a little more fender rolling. NO RUB
Camber       Caster
R  3.8            -.2
L   3.8           0.0
Toe 1/8" total 
The car drives as nice as my 04 F150

7/20/2019 4:01 AM  #32

Hoping you got caster and camber confused there...

7/20/2019 11:21 AM  #33

LOL yes just a bit of dyslexia going around 

7/23/2019 3:11 AM  #34

50vert wrote:

TKOPerformance wrote:

This is what I used to regain some height after the Shelby drop dropped a little more than I wanted. There are other advantages to this perch move also.

'66 Fastback since July 27, 1981. Springtime Yellow, originally a 200 cu in, 4 speed. Also a '92 LX Coupe, 5.0, 5 speed.

7/23/2019 5:45 AM  #35

Muzz 66 wrote:

50vert wrote:

TKOPerformance wrote:

This is what I used to regain some height after the Shelby drop dropped a little more than I wanted. There are other advantages to this perch move also.

For sure!! Better motion ratio, ability to run lighter springs ... it's a lot like the drop, free and it works.

7/23/2019 10:17 PM  #36

What or how do you do the perch mount move?  just curious 

7/24/2019 12:05 AM  #37

Take the spring perches out and drill some new mounting holes 1 inch toward the ball joint. There is now a template for it to get it as exact as possible at opentrackerracing.com. There are roller bearing spring perches to maximize movement. Roller bearing Perches are supposed to free up and ease spring and shock movement. The move will raise the car slightly and increase spring stiffness. Somewhere on Dazecars site it tells about how much the spring rate should increase but I can’t find it right now. Daze cars has a Mustang Suspension 101 page that has more information than you really want to know. Joking, it’s good stuff.

'66 Fastback since July 27, 1981. Springtime Yellow, originally a 200 cu in, 4 speed. Also a '92 LX Coupe, 5.0, 5 speed.

7/24/2019 2:20 AM  #38

All good info from Muzz. According to John from Opentracker, it'll change the spring rate by 100-125 lbs.
https://opentrackerracing.com/product/spring-perch-move-1-template/
If you're in need of arms, John will drill his arms, and also offset the shaft, if needed, for free.
Nice people.

Last edited by 50vert (7/24/2019 2:32 AM)

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.