FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/01/2019 6:19 PM  #1

Those of you on the right hand coast

Keep your heads down. Hoping that you all will come through this latest hurricane with minimum damage. Stay safe.

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

9/01/2019 6:52 PM  #2

Re: Those of you on the right hand coast

Looking at Thursday for us. Doesn’t look as bad for us as the Carolinas.

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

9/01/2019 7:49 PM  #3

Hey 6s6, you may have to take the Mustang to high ground again. You and Carol please stay safe.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

9/01/2019 10:39 PM  #4

You east coasters - Get out if you can or make yourself safe.  185mph winds are not to be "lived through".

Good luck.

Original owner - 351w,T-5, 4whl disks, power R&P

9/02/2019 6:24 AM  #5

I doubt we'll get much more than rain here in DE, if its bad maybe some localized flooding.  Fortunately I live up on a hill, and as I've always said "if my house floods its time to build the next ark".  Possible power loss could suck though, but I've got a generator if its long lived. 

Hoping the Carolinas don't get hit too hard.  I've gone from praying for my friends in Puerto Rico to praying for my friends in Florida to praying for my friends in SC, NC, and VA.  Stay safe guys, maybe we can pray this thing back out to sea.

9/02/2019 3:34 PM  #6

TKOPerformance wrote:

I doubt we'll get much more than rain here in DE, if its bad maybe some localized flooding.  Fortunately I live up on a hill, and as I've always said "if my house floods its time to build the next ark".  Possible power loss could suck though, but I've got a generator if its long lived. 

Hoping the Carolinas don't get hit too hard.  I've gone from praying for my friends in Puerto Rico to praying for my friends in Florida to praying for my friends in SC, NC, and VA.  Stay safe guys, maybe we can pray this thing back out to sea.

A-MEN!!!

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

9/02/2019 3:41 PM  #7

lowercasesteve wrote:

You east coasters - Get out if you can or make yourself safe.  185mph winds are not to be "lived through".

Good luck.

Thanx but.............don't put a lot of "faith" in what Jim Cantore & Co. are spewing. 
As weather-folks...they wait all year for hurricanes (because they are soooo slow,sometimes) It gives the "weather forcasters" plenty of time for what they ALL really crave......"look-at-me, i'm impotent"...EXPOSURE"!!!
IMHO
I can walk faster than it's moving, so no one really knows what they will do/or where they will go by the time it hits the  Ga/SC/NC/Va coasts. Not suppose to arrive here until FRIDAY!
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

9/05/2019 7:30 PM  #8

So, how are you doing NOW, sal?

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

9/05/2019 7:40 PM  #9

I spoke with Mike this afternoon.  Both are doing fine and had moved inland approximately six miles to stay with their daughter.  According to Mike, her streets were flooded and the situation at his place was better. They still had power and cell service so, all's well.........he said, other than pine cones hitting the roof, not much more excitement there.....

9/06/2019 11:51 AM  #10

It's almost 2pm and things are finally starting to calm down. If you were watching the color coded maps on tv they showed with color an area that would be most effected by Dorian. A very tiny piece of that color barely touched the far southeast corner of Virginia. That's where my house is. S..t got real there for a while but we've been thru worse. We're expecting some significant tidal flooding this afternoon at high tide. Mustang is high and dry. I hope everyone else is ok.

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

9/06/2019 4:03 PM  #11

"Praise-the-Lord"......it sorta turned out to be a big yawner!  10+ inches of rain butt when you live in a giant sandbox.....
eehhh
  Got leaves in my yard (from the neighbor) and that's about it         Hally-whoooo-your!!
Looks like old Jim Cantore got just what he wanted........lotsa exposure.
He owes the coast of SC plenty$$$
Seriously.....it turned just in time to miss sending a pretty messy storm surge.
We be happy(as they say in Alabama)
6sally6

9/06/2019 5:08 PM  #12

we be happy and we is happy that you is otay......

9/06/2019 6:52 PM  #13

6sally6 wrote:

lowercasesteve wrote:

Good luck.

Thanx but.............don't put a lot of "faith" in what Jim Cantore & Co. are spewing.
As weather-folks...they wait all year for hurricanes (because they are soooo slow,sometimes) It gives the "weather forcasters" plenty of time for what they ALL really crave......"look-at-me, i'm impotent"...EXPOSURE"!!!
IMHO
I can walk faster than it's moving, so no one really knows what they will do/or where they will go by the time it hits the Ga/SC/NC/Va coasts. Not suppose to arrive here until FRIDAY!
6s6

I'm glad everyone is ok so far.  Wow! what a right turn that storm took.
BTW:  Who's Jim Cantore?  Never heard of him.

Last edited by lowercasesteve (9/06/2019 6:54 PM)

Original owner - 351w,T-5, 4whl disks, power R&P

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.