FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/19/2019 9:03 AM  #26

Re: Just curious... How did you find/wind up on FYIFORD?

2013 I joined the forum, I was researching something and ran a crossed the site. This has been the best site and it keeps me motivated to working on my own cars. you all keep me inspired 

65 coupe, 351w, c4, power disk brakes, power r&p, vintage air.

11/19/2019 10:50 AM  #27

While working over the 67 I was searching for bushings for my clutch pedal and ran across the MS site. I ordered Steve's roller bearing mod and joined the forum soon thereafter.

I read on the forum about some Bash and I told my wife that I wanted to go. Bullet's Bash in Montrose was our first.

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

11/19/2019 2:36 PM  #28

2006  maybe earlier  slept since then ....
Wife & I met MS at his house in Carrollton , Tx  2007 pick up my quadrant he welded for me ..
I also attended the 50 year celebration and signed the Hood !!
Great group of guy's 

Last edited by Vkt-66 (11/19/2019 3:24 PM)

66 PonySilverBlue-289/gt40/roller/650cfm/ram air-T-5-cable-w4way.disc/4-245x50x16"

11/20/2019 7:12 AM  #29

I bought my 65 in February of 2009 and was searching for parts and cures!  I joined probably in early summer of that year.  Due to work commitments I was unable to attend Terry's bash even though it was only 100 miles or so from me.  My first bash was Waxahatchie in 2010.  Made some really good friends as a result.  Pushed me to travel to some places that I probably would not have gone otherwise.  

11/20/2019 8:57 AM  #30

Was looking for disk brake parts for the 65 FB when I first got it and ran across info on Mustang Steve having a good set-up to use the Granada stuff. Got all the stuff to do the Granada thing but saw what MS was doing with the Cobra stuff and decided to wait for that.

11/21/2019 12:35 PM  #31

Stumbled over it on an internet search ages ago.  I don't recall the exact year but it wasn't too long after it started.  I recall discussions with MS and Bradster et. al. about the Duraspark module needing 12V instead of 9  :-)

Founding Member of the Perpetually Bewildered Society

11/21/2019 6:36 PM  #32

Pretty much been here from the beginning. I had been frequenting a Mustang forum for a while, and was getting frustrated with all the childish postings that were being made when someone tried to ask a legitimate question. There was one poster who seemed quite knowledgeable about giving some really good answers to most questions. He let on that he was starting his own forum about classic Mustangs, so I went over there......and the rest is history. He called himself MustangSteve and his forum has been, hands down, the best one on the internet. His great knowledge attracted other very knowledgeable Mustang people who weren't into the childish stuff, and through him and his equally committed and sage Mustanger admins, they have created the best resource on the internet for all things Mustang. I can also proudly say that I attended the first MustangSteve Birthday Bash in Carrolton Texas. I would have won the prize for travelling the farthest (Seattle) but I was blown away by Hakan who came all the way from Sweden! I still have my original MS BB t-shirt, too.

Last edited by Ron68 (11/21/2019 6:41 PM)

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

11/21/2019 7:05 PM  #33

On the subject of longest distance travelled to a bash, isn't Barry from OZ the overall winner!

Last edited by Rudi (11/21/2019 7:09 PM)

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

11/21/2019 8:45 PM  #34

Barry routinely wins long distance award, but so far the LONGEST DISTANCE DRIVEN IN A CLASSIC MUSTANG has been elusive.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

11/21/2019 9:39 PM  #35

2000.  That was back when I didn't know anything other than I had just purchased a mustang and needed all the help I could get.  A local guy told me about the Granada swap and I was googling info and it led me to this forum.

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

11/22/2019 12:32 AM  #36

I was looking for information about a doing a restoration and I posted where do I start. My Good buddy Bullet Bob said with capitalization and punctuation!!!! Lol 😂 I responded well as I type you will find I speak Cajun Ebonics I figured that will let him know who I am lol. Then I saw 6sal6 post and I said I fit right in best bunch of gear heads on the planet. It lead me to my Brother Glen and Steve Buzek who’s not to far from my home and sellls Mustang Parts. Most Saturdays we all have breakfast at the shop.If it was up to me I would have ripped  it apart and put it back together. Instead I been riding having a good time in a unrestored 65 coupe. I was able to convince Felicia into me buying a 2015 GT for when I start restoring it we would still have a ride and the GT just sits as we continue riding in the old coupe 😂 as the Bash family gets bigger and bigger each year we look forward to making the bash trips Pray all is well !!!! As for punctuation I am still working on it. At this point I don’t think it will ever get restored I keep fixing it  just to make it to the next bash 😂

Last edited by Coupedaddy (11/22/2019 12:44 AM)

11/22/2019 5:57 PM  #37

IIRC I had read about a Mustang forum in one of the US Mustang magazines that's also available here in Sweden. This must have been in the year 2000 when I just had bought my '67 coupe that later became the Phoenix Project. Anyway I obviously had some questions early on and decided to ask them at the mentioned forum and the rest is history. Also have had the opportunity to visit the Bash three times, the first one in 2004 when BILLY WALTON thought my name tag was a fake until he heard my accent, in Kalispell in 2011 together with my then 17 year old son in Glen's 65 all the way from Texas to Montana and the one Glen and Steve hosted in Tomball in 2012.

11/23/2019 10:43 AM  #38

MS wrote:

Barry routinely wins long distance award, but so far the LONGEST DISTANCE DRIVEN IN A CLASSIC MUSTANG has been elusive.

I thought BB-2 won it at FWB in '17.  Bakersfield to FWB had to be a winner.  Hell, he and I drove farther to come to Waco than most Bash trips.

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

11/23/2019 10:54 AM  #39

Bullet Bob wrote:

MS wrote:

I thought BB-2 won it at FWB in '17.  Bakersfield to FWB had to be a winner.  Hell, he and I drove farther to come to Waco than most Bash trips.

BB

As I recall, 2017 Florida bash was cut short by a hurricane. Had we had time to hand out awards, Bearing Bob would have surely won the driven category for distance, but all we saw of him was two taillights heading west about as quickly as he got there!  I don’t think his engine ever had time to cool down before heading home!

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

11/23/2019 11:20 AM  #40

Bought my 65 in ‘99 so probably 2000 when i was doing the Granada swap.  Then came the T5 cable clutch period....then came the EFI period....

Last edited by JamesW (11/23/2019 11:22 AM)

11/23/2019 11:34 AM  #41

JamesW wrote:

so probably 2000 ....

You DO realize that has been 19 years ago?!
Next spring might be a good time to renew your "Bash Membership" at the Bash at the Beach here in Surf Side Beach ,SC!!
Thanka Bowdit!  (love to see ya)
6sally6

Last edited by 6sally6 (11/26/2019 2:00 PM)

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

11/23/2019 2:48 PM  #42

MS wrote:

Bullet Bob wrote:

MS wrote:

BB

As I recall, 2017 Florida bash was cut short by a hurricane. Had we had time to hand out awards, Bearing Bob would have surely won the driven category for distance, but all we saw of him was two taillights heading west about as quickly as he got there! I don’t think his engine ever had time to cool down before heading home!

Oh yeah, that's right.  In fact his tail lights were right behind mine.

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

11/23/2019 4:51 PM  #43

Red351 was the last car outta FWB.... So... not a wuss.  Someone was gunna turn around before they even got there. I can't talk though, I didn't even have a rental Kia to worry bout. Had a great Saturday night at Karol and Corky's house. We've enjoyed every Bash we've been to.

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

11/23/2019 9:29 PM  #44

Maybe 6 or 7 years ago was looking for was looking for front disc brake swap. Keep going back to MS web page comparing his brackets to other kits. Liked the fact he sold the brackets and let you know what parts you were using with them. Never bought those brackets from him, at least not the front. Found a set on E-bay someone bought and never used. Got them for $40 I think, they were the older aluminum ones. 

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

11/25/2019 8:23 PM  #45

Way back in 2003...LOL    My Mustang was in pieces.  Had online help from MS and other forum members to get it back together.  Cancel

11/26/2019 12:27 PM  #46

I found the forum in 2002/2003 ish maybe when I was working on disc brake swap ideas and integral power steering box ideas and homemade power window ideas from auto salvage parts.

Ended up with A1 power windows, borgeson power steering box, and of course Mustang Steve cobra conversion and power brake parts.  Although I'm convinced Bergeron got the idea from me on here and ran with it, with the brains, tooling, and equipment I lack.

Sometimes the result is finding what was well researched and works and going with it.

Last edited by Greg B (11/26/2019 12:28 PM)

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

11/26/2019 5:41 PM  #47

Bullet Bob wrote:

MS wrote:

Bullet Bob wrote:

BB

As I recall, 2017 Florida bash was cut short by a hurricane. Had we had time to hand out awards, Bearing Bob would have surely won the driven category for distance, but all we saw of him was two taillights heading west about as quickly as he got there! I don’t think his engine ever had time to cool down before heading home!

Oh yeah, that's right.  In fact his tail lights were right behind mine.

I remember that trip. We high tailed it back to Jackson Mississippi that night. That's when BB-2 mentioned my brake lights were not working. We split up somewhere in Louisiana and went our separate ways. BB-2 lost a wheel bearing near Shreveport, LA. Carolyn lost her appendix in Denton, TX, and as I recall BB made it home A-OK. 

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

11/26/2019 10:22 PM  #48

I ACQUIRED MY MUSTANG RIGHT AFTER MY DAD PASSED AWAY IT WAS HIS
AND BEGAN RESTORING IT. I GOOGLED HOW TO REPLACE COWL AND IT LINKED ME TO THE FORUM WHERE PEOPLE WERE DETAILING HOW TO DO IT. I ENDED UP FLYING TO TEXAS TO THE FIRST BASH AND EVENTUALLY HAVING THE 3RD BASH IN CARROLLTON GEORGIA. I THINK I STARTED POSTING IN 2001 0R S0.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

11/27/2019 9:27 PM  #49

I came across the forum around 2001 while surfing the internet after I bought a ‘66 convertible. That car in gone (divorce) but still plugging along on my ‘65 FB...

11/28/2019 11:13 AM  #50

I joined in April of this year, 2 years after I got my first Mustang. I have meet some very knowledgeable and nice people on this site. I check in almost every day and I am planning to make it to the bash in 2020 if all goes as planned. A drive across the USA in a classic 65 mustang, what could be better? Want to see friends in GA, Myrtle Beach Bash, NC, NY, WS,IO, MT and maybe the largest ball of twine just for kicks.

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.