FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/12/2020 9:30 PM  #1

shelby drop on 65 six cyl

is it has good as the v8. or will I be wasting my time?
thanks

2/12/2020 9:43 PM  #2

Re: shelby drop on 65 six cyl

I think it would be worthwhile.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

2/12/2020 11:35 PM  #3

I would do it personally.
Kick myself in rear for waiting so long to do mine.

2/13/2020 2:03 AM  #4

Welp, there's your answer.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

2/13/2020 7:59 AM  #5

Its how the cars should have come from the factory.  The improvement in handling and stability is worthwhile on any early Mustang.

2/13/2020 10:25 AM  #6

My brother bought a new shiny 65 6cyl 4-speed Mustang coupe when I was 16. Took my drivers test in it. We did the drop on it and cleaned up at the local parking lot solo events with that thing. It embarrassed a lot of Porsches!

2/13/2020 10:36 PM  #7

thank you all. will give it a try on 65 and than on my falcons

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.