FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/12/2020 4:13 PM  #26

Re: Opportunity to get an old car back

I want it if you don’t buy it!

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

3/12/2020 4:53 PM  #27

Ron68 wrote:

Bolted to Floor wrote:

The Grand Cherokee will have better safety features, get better fuel mileage, and probable cost less to insure with a 17 year old boy. If he can sell Mom on that, he may ave a future as a salesman!!

LOL - I have to disagree with that statement. My 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUCKS gas. I have the 4.7L HO and I average about 15 mpg - maybe 17 mpg on trips. My 68 with the 351W, 4R70W and 3.25 rear end gets a little bit better than that on the highway. My daily driver is a 2017 Explorer Sport and I get about 21 mpg with that and that's no gas sipper either. I keep the Jeep as a spare tire and I use it on hunting trips. The Exploder is too nice yet to take it into the woods. Don't know about the insurance for a 17 year old, but back when I was trying to insure my 16 year old in a Mustang, my insurance company wouldn't insure a 16 year old in a Mustang with a V8.

The debate for mileages could go either way for those two.

My insurance guy told me insurance for my 17 year old boy would be cheaper on a 10 year old BMW 325 convertible than the 12 year old Suburban!!! When I asked how?? The BMW would do less damage to someone else when he caused an accident.

The joys of teenage drivers.

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

3/12/2020 7:41 PM  #28

get the stang back

3/13/2020 5:09 PM  #29

I don’t recall ever saying that I was looking for gas mileage when I looked at a Mustang. 🤣🤣🤣

3/13/2020 5:52 PM  #30

Update,

I sold the F100 today, and I am still scheduled to go drive and visit the Mustang on Sunday. We already agreed on the price, so as long as it is still the car I sold, I hope to bring it home.

Wish me luck, I don’t count on anything until it in my garage.

Now to get all these parts I accumulated for the F100 on Craigslist

3/13/2020 6:11 PM  #31

Hope it works out for you...good luck!!

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.