FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/27/2020 7:43 PM  #51

Re: The MTM fastback

The ups driver and I are getting to be good friends. Today, he delivered my Eastwood purchase consisting of a new plasma cutter. To heck with the wheel of death on the grinder.
, this thing rocks. Will come in handy as I cut out the rear wheel wells so I can tub them out allowing me to run big meaty tires. Of course, one mod causes more issues to address..looks like a new suspension setup will be in order...more updates when the smoke clears..

3/14/2020 3:24 PM  #52

After at least a 12 year period of being off the road, we took the maiden voyage today. Rode vibration free, no rear end whine, no leaks. Logged thirty miles with longer trips planned.  Hard work paying off...

3/14/2020 3:39 PM  #53

Here's a recap of what's taken place. Rebuilt Explorer 5.0, nothing fancy just used a fox body GT bump stick with GT40P heads. Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, 1403 carb with electric choke, edelbrock fuel lines and fuel pump. Duraspark II ignition system. HiPo mannys. Rebuilt AOD. New 3:55 peg leg gear set. KH power discs up front, rear drums. All new brake lines and hoses. 24 inch '70 style radiator and shroud. Borgesen box. Dual exhaust with Walker quiet flow II muffs. 4.5 rear leads, mid eye type. New 22 gal gas tank and lines. 15 inch bullet style wheels with BFG tires. That's a list of the big stuff. We all know what's involved with a build...its cubic dollars for cubic inches and more time wrenching then we'll ever be able to accurately track. The people I'd like to give a wood shampoo are those who stop by and say, man I thought you've been working on your car, doesn't look like anything's been done....whack on their cranium!  Anyway, it's finally at the point where I can start driving and enjoying and thank goodness for that because, to quote the great philosopher Bullet Bob, " I don't think I've got enough steam in me to do another one". This concludes my second to last post....

Last edited by josh-kebob (3/16/2020 9:53 PM)

3/14/2020 3:40 PM  #54

honda del sol insurance rates

Last post on this thread.....thanks for tagging along....

3/14/2020 3:57 PM  #55

Really nice looking ride there Josh! Kudos.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

3/14/2020 4:44 PM  #56

Thanks Roberto...its a 20 footer at best and that's just fine with me...

3/14/2020 9:26 PM  #57

Twenty footer is okay...don't need to worry about no stinking stone chips, just rack up the miles with a big grin.  I am truly very happy for you, Josh.  I know all the work you've done and I know you've been wanting to do it for at least ten years...glad you finally got to. 

Now...go out and beat hell out of it.  You and it will both have a great time.

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

3/14/2020 10:02 PM  #58

Congrats on a job well done. Been a long time coming and it will be a lot of fun.

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

3/24/2020 5:05 PM  #59

Congrats Josh. Time to drive the wheels off of it!!!

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

3/24/2020 5:51 PM  #60

Looking great Josh 👍

Life is too short to drive a boring car😎

4/16/2020 3:07 PM  #61

Awesome 😎

4/18/2020 10:05 AM  #62

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.