FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/25/2020 7:33 AM  #51

Re: OFFICIAL PLACE to put your 2020 VIRTUAL BASH AT THE BEACH pics

Vkt-66 wrote:

Like I said boys I'm trying to do a video and I keep getting files too big so where should I go to load a  Video....

image uploader

I think you need to use you tube , I was playing a bit with it yesterday. I will see if I can do one today.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

4/25/2020 7:55 AM  #52

Good Morning Guys, Here are a few photos. We had to have a "Banner" photo on MSBB morning. Sorry Sal, it really should be in SC.  I had to take the photo in the garage since the weather isn't very nice in Michigan this morning.

Bash Host MSBB XVI.       BobC    1966 Mustang Coupe

4/25/2020 8:29 AM  #53

After over 3 yrs at a restoration shop I had to get my mustang back from them not working on it... Here is a few pictures of when I got it back, and a picture of end result.
Tom

4/25/2020 8:37 AM  #54

7000 miles round trip in a classic 65 mustang, why? All for the 2020 SC Mustang Steve BASH thats why.

This is our story. We are the second owners of this car. The first was a nice lady who bought the car new from her daddys dealership in Fresno Ca. I have almost every service record from them on the car through its 120K life.
  We really were looking forward to this road trip, as I know everyone else was too. And will be looking forward to next years for sure. Meeting all of you guys and the mustang gals would have been a blast. 
  Our trip would have started in Portland Or. stopping in las Vegas to see kids, then heading over to check out the Grand Canyon and then Nashville while travelin east. After the BASH of 2+ days and sobering up, Sunday afternoon we were going up to Raleigh NC to spend the night and then Monday morning have breakfast with our grandson after he had just returned from the west coast wine tasting in Portland Or. Then up to  New York for 3 days and my bithday with old friends. Then we would head home across the upper states. All in all about 3-1/2 weeks BUMMER. 

On with the car, for about 6 months before the trip I started to rebuilt the car from front to rear keeping the original 289 w/134K that was sluge free apon inspection and running great. All fluids are synthetic except the 50/50 coolant. So up onto 4 jack stand it went.
  All new gaskets, new timming chain, oil pump, new balancer, new fuel pump, ( carb gone through, new fuel tank 3 years back), Pertronics conversion, 2-1/4" duel exhust w/ crosover and 40 series mufflers. Upgraded the alt to a newer rebult 3G 130 amp, new mini starter w/solinod. Aluminum 2 core, 1" tube radiator with a Derale 18217 17" High Output Radiator Fan controlled by AutoCoolGuy taking care of the cooling department. And if you think your running hot just flip on the fan switch on the dashboard heater contol and you have turned on the radiator fan at 100%. Didnt need that switch with  Vintage Air.
  For the ride we started with 225x60x15 TAs mounted on 3-1/2" BS American Torq Thruster wheels (also bought 3 years ago), added the Shelby drop and ajustable struts. Then added Grab-a-trak 620 springs in the front with 3/8" spring seats.  I had to put the 3/8" spring seat spacer in due to bad off set wheels. Because we were chipping paint in the front wheel wells while turning with the Shelby drop and the 620s low stance.  If I had only known about the   4-1/2" BS wheels!    In the rear is Grab-a-trak 4 leaf Mid eye springs. New front and rear sway bars level out the cars ride while the corners are controlled by KYB Gas-a-just shocks up ft and excels in the rear.  
  I pulled out the C4 and had it rebuilt. I then had the pumkin rebuilt with the same 2:80 gears, they told me they put in 2:79s I dont know? I also had the drive line checked, straighten and new U joints. 
  The front end is all new with a Bourgison power steering conversion making it a plesure to drive down the road. Stopping is controlled by the power disc brake conversion up front with 4 piston calipers and stock drums in rear. 
  Inside the car I added Killsmat and thermo blanket to the floor and behind the rear seat, not to deaden the new pipes but to help cool the car. I replaced all the door & window seals.  An aftermarket stock looking stereo with 100wt 4 ch amp and 4 speakers grab the tunes through bluetooth & MP3. 
   Outside lighting is Cibies with LED lamps, with a relay that keeps the low beams on when you go to hi beams for those dark roads. On the inside the floor, dash cluster and gauges are all lit with dark blue LEDs including the custom mounted USB port in the ash tray just infront of the garge door opener, and I just had to light the inlarged cup holders just for kicks. This blue lighting gives the alussion that they are lit with a black light makeing the orange needles glow. I then added a blue light that comes on when you open the TMI center concole for those dark roads too. 
  The Rostra cruise control added behind the new 14" Volante leather steering wheel add to the comfort of the new Vintage Air system while driving down any road.  
  In 1986 the car was repainted factory Rangoon Red "J"  by Ford with single stage laquer. Included are the over spray marks on the edges of the window chrome, seat belt buckle and parking lot chips are all just for authenticity.
there you have it. Next year you all will see it. Likely with a fresh rebuilt motor. 
https://youtu.be/Dg58Cp3t_gk

Last edited by Cab4word67 (4/25/2020 9:15 AM)

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

4/25/2020 8:41 AM  #55

4/25/2020 8:48 AM  #56

Hey, Bob McDougal from Bakersfield CA, which is 2,558 miles to Myrtle Beach. This would've been my 4th straight bash I've made.

I've owned my 69 Mach I since March of 1989 when I bought it for $2,500. It was an ok driver but needed everything replaced. I stripped it to bare metal in 1991 with the intent to have a stock driver. Ya, right.

I took the roller to the body shop for both quarter panels, rear body panel repair and paint... where it stayed till 1999. Not until around 2010 did I do any real work on it.

I built the motor first using my stock block 351W bored 30 over, Scat 3.85" stroker crank, stock rods which I polished and had shot peened. Milodon 7.5 qt pan and windage tray. ARP fasteners throughout. KB hyper pistons with 22cc dish, with AFR 185 heads, Weiand Stealth intake, Quick Fuel 650 carb.

Since the planetary gears took a crap on my AOD, and not knowing which direction I want to go, I'm currently running the rebuilt FMX. The rear gears for the non OD fmx are 2.50:1 traction loc for the bash trip.

My first mod to the car was making tube control arms with coil over shocks. I bent, fit and tig welded the arms, using QA1 shocks and rod ends. The control arm measurements are stock 69. It also has the Shelby drop.

Upper arm 1" offset ball joint

Lower arm 1" offset ball joint

Front mount for strut rod

The top rear arms attach to a cradle I bought from Ride Tech, but should've built it. The lower arms attach to the front leaf mount hole.

online free image hosting

Rear upper front control arm mount

To stiffen up the chassis I installed inner rocker panels, and grafted the hump from a one piece seat riser.

Monte Carlo bar.

unisex names that start with h

Center console glove box contains power window and lock switches.

2006 Audi A4 leather seats.

Horn and headlight relays.

what is the lion king story based on

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

4/25/2020 9:03 AM  #57

This is great I must say. Going to go wake up and then I'll be back still early in Portland
Chris

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

4/25/2020 9:50 AM  #58

2012 Miles to Surfside Beach.  We were cruising withi Carolyn and Gary (RV6) and Bearing Bob.  Sure hope we can do it for real next year.  What a great gang.  

Anyway, here's the Heap.

Fox seats with TMI covers.  Three-point belts and a Hump Hugger. Wheel is a reduced diameter stock 66, moditied to mount on a 68 column.  Scott Drake crappo re-pop Rally Pac with custom bezels from my 3D printing buddy.  Custom dial overlays and re-positioned gauges.

The old folks wish you well.  Jack couldn't make it.

I've seen piles in the local boneyard that looked more organized but,the more you add, the more you gotta put someplace.

Custom power distribution box contains the ECM, headlight, horn, and main accessory circuit relays and fuses.  The individual accessory circuits are fused from a panel mounted under the glove box.

charger rt 0 60
Cruise control....the servo is under the dash.  I mean, there's enough crap under the hood.

Too much cam and too much altitude = needed vac pump.  Mounted it where the air injector eliminator went.

Fuel delivery system.  External Walbro pump, stock late Ford filter.  All lines are steel or nylon except the neoprene you see here from the tank to the pump. 

The 8.8 looks like it came in there.  I'm very glad I made the change. 

Jean likes the Cragars so it wears Cragars.  I'm getting used to them.

Shoulda put a pick-up bed in this thing......

Our best to you all, have a great day and we sure hope we can all get together next year....if not sooner.

Last edited by Bullet Bob (4/25/2020 10:14 AM)

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

4/25/2020 9:57 AM  #59

Well done Bullet Bob with classic BB humor! Man I love the color of your ride.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

4/25/2020 10:02 AM  #60

Bullet Bob wrote:

charger rt 0 60

Going on a trip?

4/25/2020 10:10 AM  #61

Some great pics from you guys. Here are a couple of "before" pics as my 19 year old and I are just getting started bringing a car I've owned for over 30 years back to life.  Working on figuring out posting pics.

Last edited by 71DFWStang (4/25/2020 10:23 AM)

4/25/2020 10:27 AM  #62

"invested" in a load leveler which I never had when I was young and working on cars. Even this cheap Harbor Freight one made it so much easier to pull the motor and trans together.  That and a Dewalt battery powered impact. What a difference!

4/25/2020 10:29 AM  #63

Cab4word67 wrote:

Bullet Bob wrote:

charger rt 0 60

Going on a trip somewhere?
And is that a mini sliding lift on your lift?

4/25/2020 10:30 AM  #64

Bearing Bob wrote:

Well done Bullet Bob with classic BB humor! Man I love the color of your ride.

Thanks Bob.  You done pretty good yourself, my friend.  I look at your work and wish I had the skills too.  Some guys would be afraid to drive on their own suspension parts.  I guess you have proven it can be done and done well.  Just don't over-torque the bearings.....LOL, Sorry, had to get that in.

The color...like most of the cosmetics...was Jean's idea.  I really wasn't too sure about it 'til I started putting the car back together and saw it in different light.  Now I wouldn't change it for anything...but I don't tell too many folks what if was OEM on.

BB1

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

4/25/2020 10:31 AM  #65

I'm Terry Robbins from Vandalia, Illinois.  I am a self employed Plumber and Travel Consultant. I've been married to my wife Lisa for 38 years and she is a Teacher.  These are our Mustangs.  I bought the 65 in February of 2009 and brought it home in August of 09 and still trying to finish it.  I hosted Bash #11 on September of 2014

4/25/2020 10:40 AM  #66

Chris;
That's the sliding hydraulic jack that I bought with the lift.  The lift comes with a sliding tray so you can use various jacks to lift parts or the car but this thing is the cat's axx.  It isn't cheap but man, is it handy.  Really makes the lift more versitile...nearly like having the best of a two and four post lift.

Last edited by Bullet Bob (4/25/2020 10:49 AM)

4/25/2020 10:47 AM  #67

Oh Lt Dan, you do crack me up.

Huh....?  Where'd it go?

Last edited by Bullet Bob (4/25/2020 10:50 AM)

4/25/2020 10:54 AM  #68

Some of the Houston bunch.

4/25/2020 10:58 AM  #69

My wife’s favorite part of Miss Congeniality movie 😂

Real pictures later today...”perfect date”
Bahahaha!

4/25/2020 11:05 AM  #70

Glens 1965 50 wrote:

Some of the Houston bunch.

Glad to see I'm not the only one having "pitcher" trouble today.  Couldn't make anything work.  Finally got it done via my phone...a PIA but it worked.

BB1

4/25/2020 11:08 AM  #71

Gary Zilik here. Our first bash was at BB's in Montrose CO in 2016. This would have been our 5th straigh bash had we been able to make the trip. We were so looking forward to introducing the Mustang to the Atlantic. I would have to look at the title to make sure, but I think I bought my 67 in the spring of 1981. I am the second owner. She sat for many years as I built airplanes and did other stuff and just sort of let her rot. In 2010 I put her back on the road and each winter more stuff would get worked on. The winter of 2015/16 she got a complete makeover. I did all the metal work and the guy around the corner squirted the paint on. Pictures are random from Bash trips and the last one is what she looked like in the spring of 2010.
The eggs are for BB2.

Last edited by RV6 (4/25/2020 11:21 AM)

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

4/25/2020 11:16 AM  #72

My Mustang and my neighbor's '59 Galaxie.

It's easier to add horsepower than it is to lose weight.

4/25/2020 11:25 AM  #73

Too bad we couldn't do this in person! This would have been the closest Bash for us- just 5-1/2 hours away. Hey Mike, maybe we could cruise up your way later this year and see you and your car in person.
Ed & Karen, Brunswick, GA
'66 Mustang
5.0 from a '95 Mustang COBRA, rebuilt with Comp Cam, Edelbrock 600, Tru Trac serpentine, Sanderson headers. 4R70W with Baumann shift controller, 3.40 Trac lock. COBRA disc brakes, 17" and 18" Billet Specialties wheels, rack & pinion, coilover struts, Global West strut rods, 4-leaf reverse-eye leaf springs with 1" lowering blocks.
It's a 25 year project.

4/25/2020 11:34 AM  #74

Hey guys - some of you really ol’ timers will remember me.  Don’t post up much but still check in and read.  Haven’t been to a bash in 10 years, but still have this fastback.  Had her 21 years now.

does everyone in america own a car

4/25/2020 11:54 AM  #75

Lemme see. What else I can find

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.