FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/25/2020 12:02 PM  #76

Re: OFFICIAL PLACE to put your 2020 VIRTUAL BASH AT THE BEACH pics

Here we are. Myrtle Beach is about 1150 miles away. Looking forward to the next gathering. 

[url=https://fyi.boardhost.com/https://ibb.co/gVHyqLZ][/url]

The bright sunshine made me look goofier than normal, I need tinted glasses too. 

[url=https://fyi.boardhost.com/https://ibb.co/F8N6hjG][/url]

Needless to say, the car has not recovered from the 2019 Bash. A few parts for the transmission

[url=[url=https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__ibb.co_sW25YC7-5D-5Bimg-5Dhttps-3A__i.ibb.co_qJd0QC6_C6-2DCFE36-2DF-2D0104-2D4-2DBA8-2DAC07-2D9268-2DE96891-2DCF.jpg-5B_img-5D-5B_url&d=DwQFaQ&c=-rOy2AjDSjLZM5Ky932q_A&r=Q7LDNsqy_eoHclIqMvea43iNv7EwIPdiQ7cHwgPl_Rk&m=o1w5pygkdsdjuG08rYONUfaWso3xI8ir0qGIQ21xEOA&s=Ppf4LtlDOqygGHT88xsGNhyuOXIQH5mm3IaFNzb3Z8Q&e=]https://ibb.co/sW25Y

C7][/url[/url]]

Added for a little more strength.

[url=https://ibb.co/Lv6vDDz][/url]

Some rocker arm assemble required

[url=https://ibb.co/fXygKYG][/url]

A few measurements were required.

[url=https://ibb.co/Ydrwp3K][/url]

Someday soon

[url=https://ibb.co/8NH5SS9][/url]

From the Glen Rose Bash

[url=https://ibb.co/Wc3ZmfG][/url]

Last edited by Bolted to Floor (4/25/2020 12:30 PM)

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

4/25/2020 12:09 PM  #77

Ok boys here is my offering for my first bash bash.
Sorry about the wobbly video, I hope you don't get sea sick watching it but thats how I walk, I think need an image stabiliser. Also apologies about wide angle distorsion, my fault again, hey I'm no Cecille B. De Mille
For me  It's a 878 mile two day trip from my garage to Mikes driveway in Myrtle beach, the car has been to MB twice, it should be there right now if'n we did not have the wuhan mess.
There is a picture  of the car at Burkeys in 2014 below somewhere, Sal never got to see it as he was in Charlston at the time.

Click on this for video , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR7o0L9XhdY

The car at Burkeys 

My MCA modification list:   
            Engine Bay   
             Ø Balanced and blueprintedØ “JE” forged pistons .060” overØ “Scat”  331 C.I. rotating assembly
Ø “Edelbrock” aluminum performer cylinder heads Ø “Edelbrock” Performer RPM intact manifold
Ø “Holley” 670 Street Avenger CarburetorØ Custom ground  roller “Comp Cam”
Ø “Crane” optical trigger distributor 
Ø “Crane” “Hi-6” ignition control boxØ 9 MM “Motorcraft” silicone plug wires
Ø “FRSS” high torque “Mini Starter”
Ø     “Pro-Thane” motor mountsØ 130 amp  “3-G” alternatorØ Billet alternator mount
Ø Custom modified ceramic coated “Tri-Y” headers   
 Ø     Chromed export braceØ Custom stainless hardware on engine and under hood
Ø Line lock with stainless tubingØ “Cobra” engine dress-up kit
Ø Custom coolant overflow tank with billet brackets
Ø Silicone radiator hoses
Ø External transmission oil cooler
Ø “March” billet pulleys
Ø     Polished Sanden A/C compressor
Ø     Billet, custom  built compressor mount
Ø     Billet, custom built hood hinges (Not Ring Bros.)
Ø     Hidden wiring
Ø    Battery moved to trunk
Ø    Custom made fan shroud            
 Exterior   
Ø GT fog lights
Ø Tri Bar Halogen Head Lights relay  operated                           
Ø “Shelby” headlamp trim ringsØ Power antennaØ Custom 331 side badges
Ø “Shelby” 10 spoke 15” alloy wheels
Ø “Electron”  Stayfast  cloth top
Ø Folding glass back liteØ Custom made "LED" sequencing taillights
Ø "GT" flip down gas cap
Ø     Custom LED hood turn signals
Ø     Custom  LED DRL’s
Ø     Blacked out tail light panel          
                 Trunk 
Ø Power remote release
Ø Modified tail light buckets for LED’s
 Ø    Custom made cut pile carpet
Ø    Custom made electronic sequencers
Ø    Custom battery installation        
                      Interior 
Ø 1993 Mustang front bucket seats done in leather, with custom sewn upholstery to resemble original style  
Ø Rear seats in matching leather as above
Ø Gauge pod on ‘A’ pillar with voltmeter and air fuel ratio meter       
 Ø Custom bezel with  Autometer gages
Ø Leather wrapped custom steering wheel
Ø “Electric Life” power windows front and rear
Ø “Dakota Digital” power remote door looks
Ø Window and door switches in center console
Ø Custom Auto Sound radio
Ø Rear speakers in quarter panel trim
Ø Front kick panel speakers
Ø Deluxe door speaker grille trim
Ø    Custom made interior door lights
Ø    Custom LED foot well and console courtesy lights
Ø Cut pile carpeting
Ø “Clarion” Intrusion alarm
Ø “Shelby Mustang” roll bar
Ø "Rostra" Cruise control
Ø “Classic Auto Air”, "Perfect Fit" cold air A/C
Ø   LED third brake light added to roll bar
Ø   Three point lap and shoulder belts      
          UNDERCARRIAGE    
 Ø    Custom mad electric power steering 
Ø 4-wheel disk brakes with rears from Lincoln  “MK-VII”
Ø Stainless steel brake lines
Ø Stainless steel fuel lines
Ø 3.25 rear gears 
Ø “Auburn Gear” differential traction lock
Ø AOD over drive transmission modified to ‘Baumann’ specifications with 2” lightning  over  drive band, ‘ALTO’ direct clutch pack, Thunderbird Super Coupe ‘A’ servo mechanical diode, AOD-E planetary gears
Ø “Global West” welded in sub frame connectors
Ø    Mig welded upper and lower rocker seams 

Thats all for now boys, time for my afternoon nap.

Last edited by Rudi (4/25/2020 3:44 PM)

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

4/25/2020 12:13 PM  #78

Well since this is a virtual bash here are some virtual picturers, maybe when we arrive tomorrow the pictures be up, computers not really cooperating today, Well we had a really interesting virtual trip down, Started April 1, beautiful day out made it threw Chicago. Then noise coming from front wheel, pulled over, left front wheel bearing wiped out. No problem replaced it, torqued it nice and tight. Off down the road again, what do you know, left front bearing wiped out again. So replaced that one and new spindle, just happened to have one in the trunk. Off again, did a little burn out and watched the rear end swing around, almost hit that mail box. Glad no one was filming that one. Cruising down the road and all the sudden, bang engine stopped, no problem hotel was just up the road. Checked in, then I went and pulled the engine. Wow the crank was in two pieces, No problem had an extra one in the trunk. Did loose a day. Back on the road again. After stopping for lunch, carb. was leaking gas, so pulled top off, float had a whole in it. No problem, a little JB weld will seal that one up. Back on the road again, dang, that electric fuel pump went out. So under the car I go to fix that one. It was getting late so stopped for the night. Nice early start,just what we need, flat tire, changed that, will have new ones sent ahead. Cruising down the road red lights, that's no good. I was only doing,O never mind. Got to stimulate the economy. Well a little lighter in the wallet. We were moving along when front end feels a little loose. So pull over, man I should have tighten them upper control arm nuts a little more. Lost the shims, no problem had extras in the glove box. Tightened every thing up, did eyeball alignment and on the road again. Pulling in hotel, wouldn't you know it, directional switch wires were all shorted out. No problem just rewired it, had every thing in the trunk. After dinner pulled out down the curb and put a nice gash in the front tire, what next. Did have to adjust drivers side window sure wish I had those magnetic door panels.Well thats my virtual trip down to the 2020 virtual bash.

Sure was fun Lorrie Jim Bowie Mike and Oretha Say HIGH to all, 

Maybe pictures will arrive a little later.

4/25/2020 12:25 PM  #79

JamesW wrote:

Lemme see. What else I can find

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!.....That was Deb and........."what's-his-name"!!!  Sure miss her posts. This goes wayyyyyyy back!
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

4/25/2020 12:28 PM  #80

Vkt-66 wrote:

HEY ! HEY!!!                 this is a test  .... for age appropriate
" I can learn new things  " 
starting more bash thrash ###

Love the PRY BAR in the video!!!!!!!!
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

4/25/2020 12:28 PM  #81

Life is too short to drive a boring car😎

4/25/2020 12:30 PM  #82

almcgee wrote:

1965 Mustang Fastback. 

flood damaged trucks for sale in texas

"Go-ahead-on-with-your-backwerd-T-shirt-self"!!
Big Al..........you'll always be-da-man!
6sal6

4/25/2020 12:32 PM  #83

Thank you Jim...thought I might escape but no, you caught me too.  Had a great laugh...wonderful.  Please give our best to Lorrie, Oretha, and Mike.  We'll do it again, just don't know when.

BB1

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

4/25/2020 12:35 PM  #84

Jim Bowie wrote:

Well since this is a virtual bash here are some virtual picturers, maybe when we arrive tomorrow the pictures be up, computers not really cooperating today, Well we had a really interesting virtual trip down, Started April 1, beautiful day out made it threw Chicago. Then noise coming from front wheel, pulled over, left front wheel bearing wiped out. No problem replaced it, torqued it nice and tight. Off down the road again, what do you know, left front bearing wiped out again. So replaced that one and new spindle, just happened to have one in the trunk. Off again, did a little burn out and watched the rear end swing around, almost hit that mail box. Glad no one was filming that one. Cruising down the road and all the sudden, bang engine stopped, no problem hotel was just up the road. Checked in, then I went and pulled the engine. Wow the crank was in two pieces, No problem had an extra one in the trunk. Did loose a day. Back on the road again. After stopping for lunch, carb. was leaking gas, so pulled top off, float had a whole in it. No problem, a little JB weld will seal that one up. Back on the road again, dang, that electric fuel pump went out. So under the car I go to fix that one. It was getting late so stopped for the night. Nice early start,just what we need, flat tire, changed that, will have new ones sent ahead. Cruising down the road red lights, that's no good. I was only doing,O never mind. Got to stimulate the economy. Well a little lighter in the wallet. We were moving along when front end feels a little loose. So pull over, man I should have tighten them upper control arm nuts a little more. Lost the shims, no problem had extras in the glove box. Tightened every thing up, did eyeball alignment and on the road again. Pulling in hotel, wouldn't you know it, directional switch wires were all shorted out. No problem just rewired it, had every thing in the trunk. After dinner pulled out down the curb and put a nice gash in the front tire, what next. Did have to adjust drivers side window sure wish I had those magnetic door panels.Well thats my virtual trip down to the 2020 virtual bash.

Sure was fun Lorrie Jim Bowie Mike and Oretha Say HIGH to all, 

Maybe pictures will arrive a little later.

love it You must have a very large trunk 

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

4/25/2020 12:36 PM  #85

Bash sad its raining here in Portland and not in SC 

Last edited by Cab4word67 (4/25/2020 12:37 PM)

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

4/25/2020 12:51 PM  #86

Fixed the error ,
Here are a couple of pictures for Barry,  he's probobly still asleep in OZ.
 We had plans for him to try out the EPAS, hopefully another time.

Last edited by Rudi (4/25/2020 8:27 PM)

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

4/25/2020 1:28 PM  #87

Bullet Bob wrote:

Thank you Jim...thought I might escape but no, you caught me too.  Had a great laugh...wonderful.  Please give our best to Lorrie, Oretha, and Mike.  We'll do it again, just don't know when.

BB1

Got me too. Wish I did have an extra 1 piece crank in the trunk. The 2 piece cranks just don’t work well.

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

4/25/2020 2:31 PM  #88

Final Bash Host pictures (I promise)........

"Non" wire look!

"Lets move to the beach!!!.........Life will be great!!" (If you like rust!!) I gave up!

share picture
"Hand-San"........goes great with Corona!

"OK!....I'll sit in it...just don't expect me to ride anywhere in this un-safe death-trap"!

the movie logan plot
Farewell from the Hosts of "The Bash that never Happened"!
Guh-Buy!!...

Last edited by 6sally6 (4/25/2020 2:41 PM)

4/25/2020 2:55 PM  #89

From the Benton Quarantine Compound.

4/25/2020 3:48 PM  #90

Brenda said turn around so we can get a front and back pic. OUCH

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

4/25/2020 4:12 PM  #91

2020 BASH AT THE BEACH
Host             66 Sal 66                     April 25, 2020
parking lot South Strand Assembly of God Church.
Located on US-17 Bus. Murrell's Inlet, SC.
 I FINALLY MADE IT TO A BASH !!

Entry                                                                                    Info           
VKT – 66                                                                     66 Pony
Vernon Turner                                                             289 ci /Hooker Headers / gt-40 heads
Bedford, Tx.                                                                Comp cam  .533 - 224  roller valve train
                                                                                    Edelbrock performer / Holly 650 dp
Special Features                                                       5 speed / 3.25 true lock / 4-way bear disk
“69” operational Ram Air Shaker with                        16 x 8 – w spin cap  2.45 x 50 x 16
ghost Mustangs and Painted Stripping

66 PonySilverBlue-289/gt40/roller/650cfm/ram air-T-5-cable-w4way.disc/4-245x50x16"

4/25/2020 4:27 PM  #92

Im Steve69. I live just south of Madison WI.  Been on MS page since about 2003.   I've only been to one bash which was Terry's in 2014!  That was about 5 hours drive for me.  It was really nice meeting everyone at the bash in 2014.   I own a 69 Fastback Mustang I bought a month prior to getting married in 1992.  I've done a lot changes with my Mustang through out the last 28 years.  Still married and have 3 kids which 2 are in college. So I've always had a tight budget and made due with what I had.  Back in 2005 I splurged and had my Brother in law paint my Mustang.  That was probably the biggest expense which was $4500 back then.  I still have the original 302 and added a T5 back in 2012.  I have street or track front suspension with Granada disc front brakes.   I have a 3.25 rear gear with drum brakes. Added vintage air last year along with Dakota Digital Gauges.  Added TMI interiors this winter.  I ditched the FiTech EFI last year and went with a Summit Carburetor.  Hope to get a few miles on this summer to see if I like the Carburetor or not.   I tried uploading some pics but as soon as there uploaded it disappears.  Also wanted to add MS has been very helpful in helping with my ride throughout the years along with the crew!  Thanks Steve69   Ill try to add some pics latter. 

Last edited by Steve69 (4/25/2020 5:34 PM)

4/25/2020 4:31 PM  #93

Last edited by Tubo (4/25/2020 4:36 PM)

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

4/25/2020 4:42 PM  #94

I didn't have any Coronas, but I had my mask! 
Also, I not only took a picture with my 67 Coupe, but I also took a picture of my 2005 Mustang GT which would have been the car I brought to the Bash!.

Owner of MustangSteve - 1967 Mustang Coupe 302, 2005 Mustang GT

4/25/2020 5:04 PM  #95

Made it safely to bash .

If its worth doing do it right !

4/25/2020 5:07 PM  #96

Tubo wrote:

Tubo, 681 Miles Ft Walton Beach to Myrtle Beach. Corky & Karol Pittsenberger Miss May 1965(Oct 64 Build) 331 the only things original on the car; Unibody, front fenders, interior panels, Stainless window trim, & rear glass. I've changed everything else.
Miss May is undergoing surgery and cosmetics. The boxes on either side of us contain new trunk flooring and gas tank surrounds, rear tail light panel, and 69 seat pans. So the rear quarter caps will fit correctly fit after 26 years Then fiberglass hood and a long held on to vacuum formed Shelby Street front valance with the rest of the body gets new Electric Blue paint and Pearl White Stripes finally the correct width.
Karol & I are sitting on the new leather 07 Mustang seats which will replace the Mazda 626 seats,
Karol retires next year, and we are ready to travel. See Ya on the Blvd

Tubo

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

4/25/2020 5:14 PM  #97

We finely made it to the Bash a little late but we got here. Here are a few photos of my ride I am about through with it  maybe we'll drive next year.

A bad day working on your mustang beats a good day at work anytime

4/25/2020 5:20 PM  #98

Last edited by HudginJ3 (4/25/2020 5:20 PM)

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

4/25/2020 6:02 PM  #99

Some pics of the convertible, A coupla small things I'm sorta proud of, the headliner for the convertible top, and the cigarette lighter switch for the OD cancel switch ... press the lighter to turn it on and off. The seatbelt light is the check engine light.

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

4/25/2020 6:22 PM  #100

Sorry. Can't remember my password to log onto the computer. Even had it written down.  My phone has it saved, but I can't access it.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.