FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/05/2013 4:20 PM  #1

Looking For Fold-Down seat brackets 68 Fastback

I am looking for the fold -down seat brackets that are mounted to the floor hump area on both sides that the seat back hinges bolt to. It is for a 68 Mustang Fastback. I cannot find in any catalog. I am coming to the end of my build and just noticed these brackets are missing. Soooo I can't install my nice newly recovered and recarpeted interior. Can anyone help me out? Pictures or measurements would also work so I could make a set. You can either post here or email me directly at momas3@aol.com.
Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited by Jeffs68 (9/05/2013 4:21 PM)

9/05/2013 7:05 PM  #2

Re: Looking For Fold-Down seat brackets 68 Fastback

I am not 100% certain this will work because I have not tested it yet, however, I recently noticed the brackets at the bottom of a door that hold the window stop bumper appear to be identical to the seat brackets, except they lack the extra tabs that make the seat ones easier to weld to the floor.

To my knowledge nobody reproduces the seat brackets, but if you can find a couple of rotten doors to rob the brackets from, this might solve your problem. Let me know if my theory is sound.

I have posted pics of actual seat brackets below with the tabs. I can't seem to find my loose door bracket that made me draw this conclusion, but other than the tabs, I swear they are the same. It does not show the bracket measurments in question, but third photo shows locations of everything else. I found it a while ago in a search I did. Hope this helps.

9/06/2013 7:32 AM  #3

that is awesom thanks so much for the help. I will try to locate that part in the doors and let you know. I really appreciate your time and help.

9/06/2013 8:02 AM  #4

looks to me like the seat bracket would be approx. 3" from the wheel well edge is that about right? It does not specify the exact location of that bracket. Could anyone confirm that?
Thanks

9/12/2013 3:08 PM  #5

Took me a while to have a chance to remove the seat from my 67. I can't say these for sure these are factory because there has been some floor replacement in the past, but the seats fit well.

It appears that if you use the fiberglass side panels as reference, There is not much more than an 1/8" clearance from the side of the panel and the edge of the bracket. Since my panels are all installed I could not get a good measurment from the wheel well. I have posted pictures for your reference.

9/12/2013 3:16 PM  #6

Thanks London Steve. I made a set of brackets out of heavy sheet metal and when lining everything up I found the same as you that there is little room from the lower panel. I still have to finish them and I will try and take pictures of them when done for others. I will include the measurements. It is not hard but it is a bit time consuming. I also found an old door and unfortunately the bracket spoke about earlier in the post is not correct. Would it work? Maybe but would take almost as much modifications as just making them. It is heavier metal which would be a plus but I really don't think it is needed. Anyway thanks for taking the time and I will verify my measurements with yours to see how close I am.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.