FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/06/2020 11:11 AM  #1

351w swap into 67 The bad and finally the good

I'm making headway finally, the bad I took the 67 to get it lined up,the owner didn't do it,he had a 20 something
year old do it. The kid had a hard time,he kept asking the owner,I can't get this I can't get that.  All I did was put new lower control arms, roller spring saddles,and shocks on. It took him 3 hours to line it up,(a bad sign). I took the car
home a heard a pop the steering wheel went crooked. I slowly drove home. both wheels,were laying out on the 
bottom (camber) ,I went underneath, both nuts were loose on the lower control arm cams. I set the wheels by eye and went back the next morning  (another 3 hour job). I had the owner check it out. The owner builds engines and is 
heavily into nas car. Mistake #2 I told him the car still wasn't running right, we took it out for a road test, it started
breaking up,he really got in to it (He beat the crap out of it) about a minute later both mufflers blew up (BIG TIME).
He did tell me he was sorry. I had made a lead to go from the battery direct to the coil, but wanted to get the front
end lined up for all the test driving I was doing. I hooked it up today the car's running great. I had checked the voltage at the coil I did have 12 volts. I put a new feed harness from the fire wall. I will probably get a new 
ignition switch and run a new wire out to the engine feed harness. I hope I finally turned the corner, when 
everything is fixed up,I will be getting the aligment checked (some place else).
I want to thank everyone for their help.  mustang stu
P.S. Someone on this forum said to check the input to the coil, it's possible the wire can can carry the voltage
but not enough wire to feed the amps. Hopefully pictures will follow before too long THANK'S TO ALL!

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.